Starting Sept 16

Acp

Restarting the Whole30 tomorrow. I did 20 days in August but came off the boil, went back to my old diet and feel crap. I can honestly say, that there is nothing that I have eaten over the past 10 days that was really worth it. Gluten and dairy are definitely not my friends so it's back on the bandwagon. I did lose about 10 lbs during those 20 days.

The key for me is meal prep as I tend to go for the easy option.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm right there with you Acp!!! I just did 19 days, and was feeling awesome, losing weight, fitting into clothes again, having tons of energy and just all around happy! Then went out with friends and had some other plans that revolved around food.

I've realized what dairy and grains do to me, and it's not worth it at all! So i cannot wait for tomorrow!

And we're off.....

I have to say i won't be focussing on number of days this time, just taking it one day at a time.

Menu for today is:

M1 3 eggs and broccoli fried in coconut oil

M2 kale salad and smoked salmon

M3 mixed salad and tinned tuna

Can you tell I haven't cooked yet?:)

And we're off.....

I have to say i won't be focussing on number of days this time, just taking it one day at a time.

Menu for today is:

M1 3 eggs and broccoli fried in coconut oil

M2 kale salad and smoked salmon

M3 mixed salad and tinned tuna

Can you tell I haven't cooked yet? :)

One thing I noticed when I was doing it before, was that I had to add a healthy fat and protein to every meal, otherwise I'd get hungry in between. A lady who had done multiple W30's told me not to be afraid to eat at each meal! Otherwise I'd fail! My failure came last time not being prepared with my lunch box full of W30 approved foods, and then going out to the bar scene :-/

I've got a wedding to go to on Day 26 - i've got 24 more days to figure out how to eat clean that day! 

rollo, by that time, you'll know enough to be able to figure out what you can and cannot eat. Also, if you bring some things in your purse, like approved nuts or a primal pack or something, that helps. AND, if you're able to bring a lunch box with some ice packs and a salad, raw veggies with a small container of the approved mayo or an olive oil and vinegar dressing to dip in, fruit, or something else you can eat without heating, and then in between the ceremony and reception slip out and eat something, or even right after everyone else eats, that could help!

I didn't do that with a wedding, but I did with a funeral and a 50th anniversary celebration. :) Hope that helps a little!

Meal 1: fried egg (in olive oil), sauteed (in coconut oil) kale, peppers, carrots, broccoli, and cabbage, with avocado, and a Monkey Salad (banana, coconut flakes, cashews)

Meal 2: more of a mini meal, since I wasn't extremely hungry but needed something. So it was some carrots, a hard boiled egg, and cashews

Meal 3: WILL BE crockpot shredded chicken on spinach and kale, peppers, tomatoes, avocado, and oil and vinegar dressing, 1/2 a sweet potato with salt and pepper

So far so good I'd say! How's everyone else?

Hi everyone!

I started today as well - just crappy eating in general and letting myself cheat way more than I should.

M1 - frittata with mushrooms, spinach, and pork with a side of strawberries

M2 - chicken curry (sauce made with ghee, coconut milk and garam masala) and steamed broccoli

Snacks - banana, cashew nuts, dried mango and apple

M3 - sea bass, steamed asparagus and roasted carrots

Tomorrow's breakfast and lunch and snacks are all packed ready to take to work. It's all about planning!

I'm doing another whole 30 tomorrow! Haven't really cheated but the reintroduction of some dairy and a couple onion rings really hurt my hands and tummy. I prefer eating completely this way. 

Started first one before vacation in August and didn't touch one single thing. just say no!!  My friends respected my decisions and didn't try to give me junk. Now they are doing it TOO!! 

:D

I'm doing another whole 30 tomorrow! Haven't really cheated but the reintroduction of some dairy and a couple onion rings really hurt my hands and tummy. I prefer eating completely this way. 

Started first one before vacation in August and didn't touch one single thing. just say no!!  My friends respected my decisions and didn't try to give me junk. Now they are doing it TOO!! 

:D

That's awesome about eating compliant food on vacation!! I'd have a really hard time not eating from different restaurants that I'd never been to and just going crazy with whatever food I wanted! And that's awesome now they're doing it!

I didn't reintroduce much dairy, but the grains killed me! ugh But we got this!

Archived