First Whole30 - 7/16 - ???

Evan

Hey, my name is Evan. Live in Austin, TX.

Officially started my first Whole30 yesterday. I've been "mostly" Paleo for some time (4-5 months) now but had yet to make the commitment to give up the cold beers on the weekends and a few foods. Mainly some unhealthy meats, cheeses, and occasional Tex-Mex and big bowls of Pho!

After watching my parents live on Paleo the last three years and be fully committed to CrossFit Cedar Park and watch them morph into the best shape I've ever seen them in...I've decided it's time I get my 27 year-old, 265 lb butt to work.

Two years ago I dropped from 323 lbs down to 250 lbs over the course of 8 months of hard work and what I thought was healthy eating. Sure the weight came off but after learning so much more about nutrition and training through my parents and "It Starts With Food", I only feel that I did not maximize my potential previously. I was burning 1200-1400 calories a day in the gym and only eating about the same. I was undernourished and my energy levels showed it. After putting 15 lbs back on (losing muscle and gaining back fat), I need to get serious...this time for life.

With my wedding less than 3-months away to the most beautiful and loving women in the world, it would be nice to know that I am on the correct path to a lifetime of great health. (and it wouldn't hurt to look a bit better in a bathing suite...people already wonder how the heck I'm with this bombshell!)

Anyway, just wanted to introduce. Not sure how active I'll be here as I'm typically much more of a reader than a poster on this type of forum.

Hopefully I don't go through the "stages" too badly....Wish me luck!

Cheers,

Evan

Day 9 - Ain't no thang.

I've woken up with a few headaches but they're quickly curbed once I eat breakfast and drink some water.

I have had a couple funky dreams, one of which I was eating waffles in a women's bathroom and all the girls were just SHOCKED that I was eating waffles but could care less that I (a dude) was in the women's bathroom. LOL

Other than that, I've been doing pretty well. Biggest thing for me is eating less fruit and nuts. Those, especially nuts, are kind of my "go to" snack for the last couple of years and it's been pretty hard to resist grabbing some handfuls.

I ate some fajitas yesterday at our favorite TexMex place and it was pretty hard to resist the chips, tortillas, rice, and beans. It was pretty funny when I told the lady that I wanted the meat and veggies, guac, and pico AND NOTHING ELSE!

I stepped on a scale this morning for the first time and was surprised to see I am down 9 lbs in 9 days. Granted, when I weighed in on the Monday I began this, it was after a weekend of beer drinking and lots of good food. Either way...I can't complain!

Cheers,

Evan

Archived