Post Whole 30 GI issue

dpittsmd1985

Wondering and needing suggestions.  I completed my Whole 30 about 10 days ago.  Still eating clean.  I have only re-introduced Stevia, and using that maybe once every other day in a coffee.  Starting about day 14 of my Whole 30- and onwards, I have been suffering from constipation.  I never have had any GI issues even prior to Paleo/Whole 30 eating, except when on a diet (most of which restricted the grains)

I am eating plenty of veggies - both raw and cooked, steamed, etc, but cannot seem to get past this issue.

Any suggestions?!?!  I can count on one hand the number of times in my life that I have had to use laxatives, but its getting to that point now....and I hate using them...

HELP!!  :rolleyes:

A quick google search showed that the sugar alcohol in stevia can cause GI issues, including constipation. Try taking the stevia out for a few days and see if it helps.

If it doesn't, supplement some magnesium. Some of the better sources of that mineral (which can have laxative effects if taken too much, or regulatory effects at the right levels) include whole grains, which you're not eating. Then again, if you eat plenty of dark, leafy greens, you're eating the BEST dietary source. 

Archived