More Troubleshooting Assistance Needed

Sarahlinsey

Day 19. Like other posters, I am also not experiencing the new found energy. Here is a sample of my diet the last few days. 

Day one

• B: 1 egg, 1 sausage link. I think I had something else and forgot to note it. Maybe a chopped tomato? 
  • L: Large field green salad with grilled salmon, carrot, olives, avocado, red pepper and tomato, sautéed 1/2 apple, almond and pecans with some coconut milk
  • D: Roasted sweet potato and roasted cauliflower, grilled chicken, avocado and tomato with EVOO

Snack: Almonds 

Day two

• B: 1 sausage link, 1/2 sweet potato, 1/2 apple with almond butter
  • L: Large field green salad with grilled chicken, carrots, red pepper
  • D: Ratatouille (zucchini, eggplant, onion, mushroom in tomato sauce) over spaghetti squash, fried egg

Snacks: Almonds, 1 C ratatouille

Day three

• B: 1 egg, 1/2 apple, almond and pecans with some coconut milk, 1 small tomato with EVOO
  • L: Ratatouille over spaghetti squash, 1 pork sausage link
  • D: Pad Thai (from Well Fed) 

Day four (today)

• B; 2 fried eggs, 1 oz-ish smoked salmon, 1 C spaghetti squash with ghee and cinnamon, 1 tomato
  • L: Pad Thai
  • D: 6 roasted chicken wings, a LOT of sautéed veggies - eggplant, green beans, mushroom, onion, red pepper, 1/2 C spaghetti squash, avocado wedge, 1/2 apple, almond and pecans with some coconut milk

Snacks: mixed nuts, 1 teeny apple, 1/2 apple with almond butter, 1 small slice watermelon, 1 slice ham

Today I ate way too much. I feel bloated. I didn't prepare well for my afternoon out and about so had more fruit than normal and more nuts than normal. I ate way too much at dinner… I just couldn't stop. 

I'm good on the sleep front. Other than the slice of deli ham today which probably had sugar in it, I'm I feel confident that I've stayed the course.  

Everything I've read says "stick with it" and I'm going to, I just feel like I'm missing something.

Open to any suggestions that folks have. 

Thanks! 

Some thoughts:
- When egg is your only protein in a meal, have the number of eggs you can hold in one hand as your serving size. That's typically at least 2-3 eggs.
- How big are your other protein servings? You want 1-2 palm-sized servings of protein per meal.
- Snacks should be a mini-meal, including a protein and fat. 
- Consider adding more high carb vegetables in your daily diet. The past 2 days, the only high carb veg you had was onion. Besides sweet potato, carrots and onions, other carb-dense veggies include acorn squash, butternut squash, beets, parsnips, rutabaga and jicama.
- Are you staying sufficiently hydrated?  Aim for drinking water, at least 1/2 your body weight in ounces, daily.

• Moderators

I thought your protein seemed a bit light several days, although day 4 seemed okay. If you feel bloated, you might want to try taking digestive enzymes for a while. Your gut is not always immediately ready to digest new foods that you add and the result can be feeling bloated and a little sluggish. Digestive enzymes never did anything for me, but they have made a huge difference for some people.

Thank you. Regarding protein, I was figuring a sasage link by itself would be enough (a big Italian sausage, not a small breakfast sausage.) and certainly enough with an egg. Most days I eat two eggs - I think I ran out of eggs on day one!

Good to know on the carb dense veggies. Thought spaghetti squash was falling in that category but will amp up the sweet potatoes and other squashes instead!

Realizing I forgot to note that day two lunch also included 1/2 red pepper and 2 carrots.

Part of my issue is I can't eat that much food. I just had 2 eggs and a sausage and an avocado wedge. I am stuffed! No room for any carbs!

Archived