Whole90, Whole100, or Nothing?

Sara O.

I just finished my second Whole30 about two weeks ago (see the link in my profile for my daily log...which I still can't believe I managed to do!  :blink:).  When it ended, I stuck with the Whole9 way of eating for a couple days...until that weekend when I went to a wedding and dove face first into some cornbread and butter (and have not been able to stop eating sugary foods for more than 36 hours since).

At the end of this Whole30, I felt pretty sure about riding my own bike, but was still a little concerned about what would happen.

I've toyed with the idea of doing a Whole90 for awhile now and would like some input on what I should do.

Thirty days seems to be long enough for A LOT :D of good things to happen to me, but it's not quite long enough to keep me from going back to my old ways.  My brain still has trouble with the should I?/shouldn't I? issue. <_< I never extended my Whole30 in the past, because I was relieved to be finished with the program and wanted to try things on my own.

Sooo...

Should I just commit to 90 days and go for it?  (Should I try for a Whole100 to take me into the new year?)

Is it too soon after my previous Whole30?

• Moderators

I recommend committing to an immediate Whole7 and then make a decision about what to do after you have 7 days of clean eating under your belt. Maybe you need 90 days to develop your habits more fully, but maybe you just have to make a better plan about what you will eat when you are not following the Whole30 guidelines. 

Good advice.  I've been struggling since a week vacation in August threw me off course.  I finally committed to a W7 to stop the cycle.  I'm on day 4 of that W7 and already feel better, more in control and better able to evaluate whether or not to start a W30 in October. 

Archived