struggling...

LTRocket

Hi guys today is day 9 for me. So far the whole 30 has been great. I've been really motivated thus far and have found it relatively easy to stay on track. But for whatever reason, today the chocolate just seems to inviting or talking about pb&j REALLY makes me miss peanut butter or sandwhichs in general. Trying to stay positive and remember the key points out of the book. Gotta admit though, this is the 1st day I really feel like I'm having a hard time. Could use some encouraging words from you all!!

Congrats on making it to day 9 - you're almost 1/3 of the way there!  You're feeling pretty close to where the timeline says you should be about now (see days 10-11) http://whole9life.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Keep hanging in there, one meal at a time, and keep reminding yourself of the reasons you decided to go through this process.

You can do it!

I love the honesty!!! try not to think of what you cant have and think of all the yummy stuff you CAN have!! im going to Powells Book store to pick up some paleo cook books because I feel the same.So far all ive been eating is chicken or steak , broccoli or zucchini and sphaghetti squash or sweet potatoes. I need some variety - some new flavors to excite my tastebuds.  Have you been to paleomg.com?? I LOVE HER! and she has great recipes, not all are compliant with whole 30 so read through it first but several are. Hang in there lady!

Thanks guys :-) I have not been to that website but I'll def check it out! I made enough meat last night to last me a few days so all I need to do is cook veggies. I might not be eating enough food at each meal either. Still a work in progress! I need a good workout to make me feel better lol

Thanks guys :-) I have not been to that website but I'll def check it out! I made enough meat last night to last me a few days so all I need to do is cook veggies. I might not be eating enough food at each meal either. Still a work in progress! I need a good workout to make me feel better lol

If you're not sure whether what you're eating has been on track, post your food log for the past 2-3 days, and folks here can give you feedback.

yeah I'll try post my meals but I was trying to avoid that since it hits too close to home to calorie counting for me.  I odn't always get a chance to get on my computer, most of the posts I read or do are from my phone which is why they're short  lol  Just feeling SO off today....praying I wake up feeling better tomorrow.

On my day 9 today and I purposely did not make my kids macaroni and cheese for lunch because i knew i would probably eat a giant spoonful. I have not put my kids on the whole30 diet, and they get mac and cheese every once in awhile and man noodles just sounded too good today. Taking it one meal at a time is really great advice...I was talking to my hubby today about the whole30 and how i just really want to have a couple of drinks...sooooooo badly...I feel like my friends are not hanging out with me because they know I will not be drinking with them. I am 27... I enjoy a few glasses of wine now and then and some cocktails...ugh it is really difficult. If you want to cheat and think you are going to cheat keep kind of telling yourself that you wont quit just yet, you will have dinner and see how it goes, you will then wake up and see how you feel. This is the only diet I have ever been faithful to for 9 days straight...maybe because it makes sense, maybe because I know I need it, maybe because I just feel like it is time to change.

Archived