Double Classes & pre-post workout snack

Hi! Tonight I will be taking a Kettlebells class, followed by a Hit bootcamp class. I plan on eating dinner prior to going which was the same as last night. Salad and Spaghetti squash w/homemade marinara turkey sauce. Should I have a snack in between workouts and after? I'm not sure how to scatter my food. I'm afraid to eat dinner before but I won't be done with class til 8:15 and don't want to eat dinner at 8:30. I have to be up at 4:30 a.m. So I shower and try to get to bed relatively quickly.

Any suggestions would help. :) Thank you.

I would eat dinner beforehand, and if it is a regular sized meal I would eat it probably 2 hours before your first workout. I wouldn't (personally) eat anything in between, unless you feel like you need some fuel. I saw a thread about adding some fruit juice to water to help give you some energy (I believe it was a 3:1 water:juice ratio). And then have a post workout meal as normal. I usually have some sweet potato and canned salmon that I get from TJ's.

You don't want to skimp on the food with those workouts!

• Moderators

Your schedule is awful, but I guess you know that. After those kinds of workouts, you definitely need to feed your muscles some protein. Eating dinner a few hours before hand, like Laura B suggested, is probably a good idea. Then maybe you could get by with just a super-sized post-workout meal at the gym - canned tuna, salmon, chicken and maybe a baked sweet potato.

Cool! Thank you for the suggestions. :) I didn't think to eat a post workout meal instead of throughout. :) I just wanna make sure I have enough fuel. :) Tom, I know. I am a teacher teaching summer school and I have to get up early. It sucks. I teach high school during the year too so I get in working out where I can. :) after next week I'm off for three weeks so I plan on making some of my workouts in the am. I also bought a groupon for crossfit for two months. We'll see how I like it. :)

Archived