Day 1 - October 21st

morkkel

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may join you both. I've steadily been consuming more & more off-Whole30 items...and wouldn't ya know, my hives are starting to creep back in? That and my acne. OH...and according to my husband, my impatience & irritability is also returning. Go figure. 

Anyway...I'm (very) *loosely* starting back up today, but knowing that I will likely indulge on the holiday. Going to focus on cutting back on my desserts until January since the Sugar Dragon is really my biggest nemesis...it will require a little more time & attention than everything else.

Until then...hope everyone is doing well & holding steady! If I don't get back on before Christmas...Merry Christmas to those of you who celebrate, and Happy Holidays to everyone. Stay safe & warm!!

- Jennifer

And for those that may also be fighting urges...

Remember:

jameson-frank-quote-our-greatest-battles

It's so good to read up on everyone and see the level of awareness you all have of your bodies now. 

I am actually doing the reintro phase starting christmas eve…. yikes! I did find that Soy was a huge culprit in my bladder issues, a friend used miso as a base for her soup which I of course didn't inquire about until after ingesting it. And for the last week I have been paying for it. Note to self: get a real run down of what people put in their food, just because split pea is broth based doesn't automatically mean they used veggie or chicken broth… 

So my biggest tackle these days is that I started dating and my calorie intake has shrank too much because eating out and trying find whole30 compliant foods all the time on  first date is well… difficult so i've been sticking to salad's which in theory is fine but the portion size and lack of other nutrients is killing my energy levels. It's hard to work out I just tire so easily. I'm going to my parents for christmas and taking a break from the dating scene. Refocus my intent and hopefully start attracting guys who can think of something better than dinner or happy hour as a first date. 

I hope you all have an amazing holiday! I may be joining you on January 6th, I put in my calendar just in case anything goes awry in the next two weeks.

So my biggest tackle these days is that I started dating and my calorie intake has shrank too much because eating out and trying find whole30 compliant foods all the time on  first date is well… difficult so i've been sticking to salad's which in theory is fine but the portion size and lack of other nutrients is killing my energy levels. It's hard to work out I just tire so easily. I'm going to my parents for christmas and taking a break from the dating scene. Refocus my intent and hopefully start attracting guys who can think of something better than dinner or happy hour as a first date. 

You might be interested in this article Melissa wrote about dating while eating strict Paleo or Whole30: http://www.whole9life.com/2013/09/dear-melissa-dating/

Jesmarie - my 2 cents on the first date circuit.  I met my lovely wife 7 years ago.  Before that, I had my share of first dates.  And ran the gauntlet of date requests from raw, vegan, vegetarian, fishetarian, south - north - east - west beach etc. etc.  All very complicated.  By comparison, paleo is sane.  It would have been quite dreamy for a woman to tell me she was on this crazy paleo diet and then bust out an order: "I'll have a steak, throw an egg on top, and whatever vegetables you can fit on the plate, then dump a 1/2 avocado and a few cashews on top.  And I'll have a pile of blueberries for desert."  Easier said than done, I know.  :)  Jump over to the January 6 group even if you are not going 100% W30.  Would love to have you join in the dialogue!  You too JKStarcher, TTexan, morkkel and everyone else!  You can jump in the ring or offer sage advice to the newbies.  :)

Happy holiday's dolls!!

Robert I loved what you had to say about dating, I was giggling the whole time. And you're right what isn't attractive about a girl who can actually throw down a meal and still look fabulous while doing it! haha. 

Update, Dairy is definitely out…. I had a very little bit yesterday and came down with severe body aches and a fever. I'm still having some residual affects with low back pain and it's difficult to breath deep. I didn't expect to have such an extreme reaction but I'll definitely be joining January 6th now so that when I'm done with the introduction stuff I can give my body a break. 

Anyways, I hope you are all doing well! 

Merry Christmas!

Hey Gang...glad to catch up on everyone's journey...and see some faces now to go with the names.  ;)  Me...doing good...lost 13 lbs...not gaining thru the holidays with some off roading so I'm happy.   :)  I will be cking in on our group and the new Jan 6th group too.  Probably post a recipe or two...with my tweeks of course...lol.

Stay healthy and stay safe over the New Year Holidays!

Journey on friends....

Archived