Time for W30 Take2

scrapstitching

Whole30 for the month of May changed my life in many positive ways. I went into them on this forum back then :) Since then, I've been sticking close, but not close enough, taking liberties with days off. I have continued to exercise and try to get sleep and the other principles Whole9 holds dear. Today, I had a followup with my doctor and got several items of good news 6 months later, as well as some advice. 

My hemoglobin A1c is the same as it was last time (3 months ago), and other blood work is fine. I am now off of blood pressure medication. I have gone from 3 to 1 diabetes medications. But I have gained a couple pounds. I'm not ready to maintain yet and need to take control. 

Whole30 is not about losing weight, but it is about focus, my relationship with food, and so much more. Dr. H said to go it again. He told me to shred my goat gouda cheese and freeze it for later and to give up the Greek yogurt. Those have been my go-to okay things while on my relaxed way of eating. He asked me not to take any days off. He also congratulated me for learning how to maintain while still eating well most of the time. But he reminded me I need to eat well all the time (or as close as possible!). 

So, I'm here to declare my second real Whole30, no questions asked. None of this start for a few days and then go buy Twinkies. 

October 24 - November 24. Here we go. 

That is so awesome that you have a doctor who supports this way of eating, especially for a diabetic (considering the what the ADA doles out as dietary advice)!

Best of Luck to ya!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting my second Whole 30 today. I completed my first one in June. I did lose a little weight, I had energy, I slept well, and my tummy felt great. I've eaten fairly clean since then but not enough to keep up that wonderful feeling. Your story was very inspiring! Thanks for sharing it.

I've had some serious ups and downs, so restarted, and now am on day 5 and doing fine. My energy level is already improved. I really hate not having energy! There's so much yard work to be done and I'm doing it. It makes me feel really good to know what I can do it. This is my favorite time of year, so it's a good time for me to keep this W30 going. Welcome to the fray! It's great to feel good, isn't it? 

Archived