Starting October 30th! Anyone want to join?

Findthecrack

Day 5 - how is everyone doing? 

Finding myself a little crankier than normal (or so my daughter tells me ;) ) but am doing really well with my food choices.  As the program guidelines suggest, I removed all the "non Whole 30" food from my kitchen - including all the leftover Halloween treats. That strategy helps me a lot!

I am re-reading "It Starts With Food" - such a wonderful resource - and plan on doing a little pre-cooking today.  I have never tried making my own mayonnaise but I really want to try the Avocado Dressing recipe from the book so I am going to give it a go today. 

I am also finding the recipes in the daily newsletter very useful - glad I subscribed to that resource again this time.

Hope you all are doing well - and having a great weekend!

I can't believe this you guys...I failed today, I gave into temptations.  I had dates and I think their sweetness sent me over the deepend.  I am surrounded by candy here and I have reisted thus far and finally gave in and I feel physically ill and I am beyond disappointed in myself.  I can't believe I failed again, just like I do every other time.  my bloat had gone down now I have to start all over.  urgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Morning all,

I am wondering if anyone has tried making mayo with avocado oil? I have avocado oil, EVOO and Flax oil, and am not really wanting to buy yet another bottle! I am thinking it might be nice with the avocado - any thoughts?

busymommy - Did you find the guide you were looking for? I know there are several guides under the link above to "The Whole 30". I hope you are sticking with us even with a restart. This is my third attempt at completing the plan. The first went very well - the second not so much! I fell off after the second week, and regret not starting back on day one again immediately.

Have a great day all!

Hello all-

I'm still going! It has not been easy at times but I'm sticking it out. I haven't hit the "magic" yet but I keep reminding myself that I'm reprogramming my body and it takes a while.

How is everyone else doing?

busymommy - congratulations to you for jumping right back on the program - awesome!!

kerry54lee - I haven't tried making the mayo yet but I think the avocado would be nice in it - nice flavor.

I'm planning on doing some pre-cooking today, including making some mayo, after a trip to Whole Foods.

Have a great day, all, and keep with it!!

Good Morning all,

I am wondering if anyone has tried making mayo with avocado oil? I have avocado oil, EVOO and Flax oil, and am not really wanting to buy yet another bottle! I am thinking it might be nice with the avocado - any thoughts?

busymommy - Did you find the guide you were looking for? I know there are several guides under the link above to "The Whole 30". I hope you are sticking with us even with a restart. This is my third attempt at completing the plan. The first went very well - the second not so much! I fell off after the second week, and regret not starting back on day one again immediately.

Have a great day all!

you couldn't pay me to eat mayo made with avocado oil. IMO it tastes nothing like avocado, and the taste was kind of wrong. my first ever batch of mayo was with avo oil (I was desperate to try it, and that's all I had in the pantry), and we only ate it because I refuse to throw food away unless it's going to kill me.

that said, others like it. other people say EVOO mayo is horrid, but I use a light tasting EVOO and love it. maybe i'm just strange!

Whether your snacks are better than "junk" depend on why you snacked, and what you were snacking on! If you're starving, you need to eat. You also need to choose a mini meal of protein, fat and vegies over fruit and nuts (for example).

Snacking "just because", no matter whether you're making better choices or not, won't help you stop the habit. Really listen to your body, find out if you're hungry or just eating out of craving, habit, boredom etc.

so as I mentioned before I slipped up last week and went on a bad downward spiral but I got right back on things and this is day 5 after the restart.  still hanging in there.  bummed that it could be day 15, that would have felt so much better.  crazy how days 1-3 on the restart felt totally easy but then yesterday I really struggled again.  ate a bunch of nuts just b/c I wanted to eat so bad.  so I know that was wrong but at least it wasn't sugar :)

busymommy - glad to hear you got right back on track with a restart - best of luck with the rest of your journey!

Yesterday was achallenging day for me - my youngest daughter turned 19, the "legal" age where we live. Of course, this life event involved a dinner/night out at a local pub. As I anticipated, pub food is not exactly

"Whole 30" friendly. So proud of myself for facing the challenge head on and sticking to my goals! Had a lovely beef tenderloin with grilled veg and copious amounts of club soda and lime. The food was great and I am so glad I put my fears aside and enjoyed this time with family! And after all - someone had to be the "designated driver"

Is anyone else still hanging in there at day 19?  I'm feeling so good I am thinking of extending beyond the 30 days and wondering if anyone else is game?

I am going to try making mayo again today - first attempt was a dismal failure - hoping this time goes better!

• 2 weeks later...

Final 2 days  - and I am looking forward to weighing and measuring tomorrow to see the results. I can clearly see the difference in the fit of clothes but it will be nice to see the numbers!

Still have not decided if I am going to extend beyond the 30 days but I will certainly be keeping wheat/grains and sugar out of my diet as much as possible.

Has anyone else hung in for the duration - if so how are you feeling?

Seems like I'm the only one left posting - hoping somebody else made it through to the end?

Even if I am the only one here I'm posting my results for posterity!

Starting Weight - 178 Day 31 weight - 171.9

Bust - 41 Bust - 39

Waist - 35 Waist - 32.5

Hips - 42 Hips - 41

Truth be told I was a little disappointed not to make it to my goal weight (169) but gotta be happy about that waist measurement! And I am fitting into a smaller size of clothes - and looking good in them (if I do say so myself!)

Archived