Paleo bread and paleo lemon curd?

Min

I'm going to a friend's place for Thanksgiving.  While I'm not currently on the Paleo diet, she is severely gluten sensitive and I would like to take some form of baked good with me when we go.  Thus, I felt that this place would be the best spot to ask about a good bread recipe to take with me that I can turn into something like cinnamon rolls (I've been told to bring lemon curd or else! :)). 

The limitations:

NO flour.  Seriously.  I mean this.  I have a whole foods store near me, but good luck trying to find a suitable gluten free, grain free flour.  I make minimum wage, so I *can't* afford the exotic flours like almond flour and coconut flour or even amaranth flour.  However, I have a lot of the other Paleo foods (veggies, etc. and I'm already severely limited in my own diet because I'm so sensitive to MSG).

So, that being said, does anyone have a good recipe for Paleo bread that I can make with stuff I already have in my pantry?  

Also.....in regards to the fact that I need to bring lemon curd with me.....what can I substitute the sugar for in it without using stevia?  The stuff requires eggs, butter, lemon juice, and sugar, but there will be a diabetic present. Again, I make minimum wage and it's really difficult in my area to find paleo/alternative food sources, so I need to make sure I can actually afford making these things.   ;)

Thanks in advance!

Min- actually, this isn't a great place to find breads and sweets of any kind. They aren't allowed on the whole30 "paleoified" or not. That said, you are in luck: googling anything with the word "paleo" attached is bound to get you tons of recipes.

I've found simple is best, and would go for something like a fruit crumble (Practical Paleo/Balanced Bites has a nice one) instead of trying to get one food to taste like another.

http://balancedbites.com/2013/06/easy-recipe-fresh-blueberry-crumble.html

Note this recipe (skIpping the maple syrup, using coconut oil or ghee instead of butter) would be borderline for me on a whole30, maybe only on a birthday or holiday?

Do you have raw almonds in your pantry and a food processor?  You can grind your own almond meal.  Local apples and pears are inexpensive right now, so I agree with the fruit crisp.  No sense killing yourself over experimenting with a baked good that might not turn out anyway…

If you and your friend aren't actually paleo, why not just look for a recipe for just a gluten-free bread? There are other grains that are gluten free and don't trigger the issues that many people have with wheat gluten, such as rice, oats, and corn. There should be plenty of recipes for gluten-free breads that use things like rice and oat flour.

Archived