Hemp seeds and hemp milk?

Lyn2

Sorry if this was answered, but I looked and could not find it. Are hemp seeds and hemp milk allowed? I know the oil has too many PUFAS but what about the whole seeds or milk? I know the kind in the carton is not allowed but what if you grind the seeds and make the milk yourself?

• Moderators

Many foods are described as healthy by various constituencies and frequently those foods are not especially healthy or are sometimes downright unhealthy. Seeds, nuts, and milks from seeds and nuts are acceptable during a Whole30, but you can do better when it comes to what truly feeds your body. 

I hear you about wanting a substitute for coconut milk and homemade hemp milk can be used. But a funny thing happens with some people when they adopt a paleo/Whole30-style diet. They begin eating a lot of nuts, seeds, and coconut milk when they never ate a lot of nuts, seeds, or coconut milk before. There seems to be an assumption that this is how paleo people are supposed to eat. I know I started buying nuts when I first started and that was new for me. However, you can live nut and seed and milk free on this diet. I sometimes go months without using coconut milk or any kind of milk. And I eat really good!

Archived