Sardines

KathyV

Thanks, I may have to go out of my way to get some. I like Crown Prince sardines in olive oil that I get at Trader Joe's, but lately they have been out of them and only have the ones in spring water, blech! (Huge difference in taste, IMO!)

KathyV, what was the brand? I've been enjoying the 3.75oz Season Brand Sardines that our Costco now carries. (ingredients sardines, olive oil, and salt; wild, sustainable, certified by Friend of the Sea, skinless, boneless, no BPA, about 1300mg Omega3's per can).

KathyV, what was the brand? I've been enjoying the 3.75oz Season Brand Sardines that our Costco now carries. (ingredients sardines, olive oil, and salt; wild, sustainable, certified by Friend of the Sea, skinless, boneless, no BPA, about 1300mg Omega3's per can).

Kj!  the brand is Coles sardines.  We don't have a Costco near by right now, but I heard one is going up about 30mins from my house...can't wait!  I hear a lot of people mention it on this forum.  Never thought I would like them but they were cheap enough to try! 

Thanks, I may have to go out of my way to get some. I like Crown Prince sardines in olive oil that I get at Trader Joe's, but lately they have been out of them and only have the ones in spring water, blech! (Huge difference in taste, IMO!)

Crown Prince was the brand I always went to but I got the one in water, which was still good and cheap protein too!  But when I went to the store this week they did not have the Crown Prince anymore, so that's when I tried the Portuguese sardines form Coles sardines I thought the fish were bigger and had a great texture...more meaty!?   Send the spring water sardines my way,lol :P

I haven't had sardines in a really long time - will have to try... speaking of, sorta... I found a canned tuna fish that tastes really good... The brand I believe is Genova, has a gold label... I like the solid white tuna (isn't all broken up into bits in the can)... yum! :)

Love tuna too will have to look up Genova.  Where did you purchase it!  The white tuna tends to be more dry...good reason to add MORE  Mayo!!!!!!! can't get enough of the stuff it seems to work its way into every meal.

I'm a big tuna fan as well! When that Costco opens up, see if they have the 5oz Wild Planet Wild Tuna (ingredients albacore tuna and sea salt; wild, sustainable, 100% poll and troll caught, low mercury, no water oil or filler, no BPA, 3480mg Omega3 per can, 2320 DHA 720 EPA) - it's a little spendy but saves me buying fish oil supplements! And to my taste it is REALLY yummy.

I'm a big tuna fan as well! When that Costco opens up, see if they have the 5oz Wild Planet Wild Tuna (ingredients albacore tuna and sea salt; wild, sustainable, 100% poll and troll caught, low mercury, no water oil or filler, no BPA, 3480mg Omega3 per can, 2320 DHA 720 EPA) - it's a little spendy but saves me buying fish oil supplements! And to my taste it is REALLY yummy.

KJ!  how many cans of tuna do you have a week that you don't have to take any fish supplements?  I take krill oil sup. everyday with no fishy burps,  It would be nice to know for sure that a certain amount of fish(either the tuna or salmon) I eat can take the place of a supplement,  I tend to go overboard on my supplements.  There is a local family owned heath food store that is about 35-40 miles away and I go there once in a while but never for canned tuna...have to look to see if it is available

Thanks for the suggestion KJ!

The sardines I mentioned have nearly the same amount as my husband's one-a-day fish oil capsules.The tuna I mentioned has about twice as much so even half a can does it. I alternate them for one meal a day: sardines and kale for lunch one day and tuna on romaine with home mayo for dinner the next.

The sardines I mentioned have nearly the same amount as my husband's one-a-day fish oil capsules.The tuna I mentioned has about twice as much so even half a can does it. I alternate them for one meal a day: sardines and kale for lunch one day and tuna on romaine with home mayo for dinner the next.

I will have to make a trip to the market. Have the day off tomorrow and see if they have those products....sure hope so, but going that far I'm certainly not coming home empty handed.

Archived