Whole30 first timer...start 1/2

Birdcage Baby

Starting whole30 today. I used to be super healthy and THIN...but I fell off the taking care of me wagon 4 years ago and somehow gained 60+ pounds. I haven't lifted a weight or walked a block in 4 years. I went from a whole foods diet to a fast food diet in that time. I suffer from 3 autoimmune diseases since I was a child and hope to get back to feeling great like I used to in spite of them. They never bothered me until these last couple years. :(

The biggest challenge will be cooking. I have gotten out of the habit and have to get back into it.

I should mention I'm in my 40's....wa wa wa....

A

Hey! Welcome!

Great to hear you're taking back your health, that's awesome. This is a tremendous experience, and I hope you gain a lot from it! This forum, and its moderators, are an incredible wealth of information and support.

Best of luch as you tackle your whole30, I'm rooting for you :)

I just spent an hour prepping a huge meal for lunch.  It doesn't have to take that long, but it's easy for it to happen.  Cooking is hard work, but it pays off.   It will feel wonderful to get back some of your old physical self - I'm hoping to do that as well.

Archived