First Whole 30 - Starting January 6th

xine23

Hi everyone. I have committed to doing this January 6th. I bought "It Starts with Food" and read 80% today. Needless to say I have had numerous epiphanies and am excited to get through the first week and see my energy increase and my afternoon and nightly snacking decrease. I have been obese all my life. I am addicted to sugar. It's the biggest Achilles's heel in my life. I have been working out consistently for 3 years but have hit a plateau for a year now and something needs to change.

I have a support system--4 people in my life are doing this with me. We are swapping recipes, doing meal prep together and we CrossFit together. 

I plan on writing down all the things that were brought up in the book (snacking times, knee/joint issues, rosacea) and seeing what changes as the month wears on. I blog frequently about my journey here: http://xinesbattleofherbulge.com/

Looking forward to any support people might have, I am sure I will encounter issues along the way!

--Christine

I'm starting Monday, too! Just started reading about the Whole30 yesterday. I'm going to make my list and go grocery shopping tomorrow! I'm really excited, but also nervous because I am NOT a veggie eater. I'm a carbaholic, which is why I need to do this!

I'm going to start Jan. 6 too. We should totally talk, because I need an accountability buddy.

I love the idea! I will post tonight what I plan to make this weekend to be prepared for Monday. I just bought the Nom Nom Paleo Cookbook and I am super excited to try some of the recipes!

I am glad we can all work together on this and suffer the first week. I expect headaches. And probably grouchiness.But if I can be the healthiest me EVER, it's worth one week of discomfort.

~ C

I love the idea! I will post tonight what I plan to make this weekend to be prepared for Monday. I just bought the Nom Nom Paleo Cookbook and I am super excited to try some of the recipes!

I am glad we can all work together on this and suffer the first week. I expect headaches. And probably grouchiness.But if I can be the healthiest me EVER, it's worth one week of discomfort.

~ C

How's things coming did you start on the 6th? I started the 7th.

Archived