Whole thirty. Round two.

Real Food Y'all

M1:

Coffee with coconut milk

Scrambled eggs

Sweet potato with butter (oops! I will delay reintroduction of dairy.)

M2:

Salad w/ red wine vinaigrette, raw almonds, baby carrots

Grilled chicken

Snack:

Baby carrots with homemade paleo ranch

M3:

Stir fry w/ grass fed stew meat, broccoli, sugar snap peas, stir fry sauce made with sunflower seed butter

An apple for dessert

Day 3

M1
Two fried eggs
Coffee with CM

M2
Leftover stir fry

Cup of green ginger tea while at work (also had this yesterday, forgot to mention)

M3
Pork carnitas with baby spinach, guacamole, pico de gallo, cauliflower rice, sauteed mushrooms

Ate a couple bites of apple my 2yo didn't finish before bed. (I'm trying to limit fruit bc my sugar demons are INTENSE.)

Mild headache throughout some of the day. Pretty sleepy all day, but will attribute that to the fact that I drank half caff coffee instead of my usual regular

HI Amanda!  Your headache might be attributed to no veggies at breakfast, or no starchy carbs either.  I remember during my first Whole30, I would have terrible headaches by mid-afternoon, and that was resolved with eating half a sweet potato for breakfast, and then again for lunch. 

Day 4:

Was kind of lightheaded and dizzy this morning, especially in the shower. Felt better after breakfast but still weak, ate a spoonful of coconut oil in case I need more fat. (I gagged a lot.)

Also have a slight sore throat this morning. 

Breakfast was some scrambled eggs, a bit of butternut squash soup, and my usual coffee. (No half caff this time) Also ate half a banana.

Something strange happened this morning when I got to work. I said good morning to people before they said it first! I'm very introverted and usually dread any form of small talk, especially at work, so this is big.

Little bit of upset tummy this morning at work, but nothing major. Drank a stronger roast of coffee than I have the past few days, so maybe it's that, plus switching back to full caff.

Will update with the rest of the meals after I've eaten. Wanted to make sure I didn't forget these symptoms.

HI Amanda!  Your headache might be attributed to no veggies at breakfast, or no starchy carbs either.  I remember during my first Whole30, I would have terrible headaches by mid-afternoon, and that was resolved with eating half a sweet potato for breakfast, and then again for lunch. 

Thanks!

M2

Leftover carnitas with guacamole, etc. (See above)

M3

Baby spinach salad with salmon and rw vinaigrette, almonds, one apple

Sore throat stuck around, hope I'm not getting sick. Anytime outside having eaten a couple of hours ago or so, I feel like I'm STARVING. Ready for that phase to pass.

Around this point in my first w30, I felt like my stomach was shrinking, like all my insides were compacted. Not feeling such a sensation yet this go around.

M2

Leftover pork with guac, etc. (see above) except minus the cauli rice

(no tea today)

M3

Ground pork sausage (homemade) with steamed broccoli and a baked sweet potato. Everything got doused with a little coconut oil, pepper, & garlic. A dash of "mighty mineral vinegar" on the tater.

Had a cup of bone broth with some coconut milk & curry powder before bed last night. Trying to ward off a cold. Feeling pretty good today, slight sniffly nose, but not bad.

Day 6

M1

Leftover broccoli & sausage, with a fried egg

Coffee w/ CM

M2 (haven't eaten it yet but will, already packed)

Leftover pork with guac, etc. (with cauli rice this time)

Day 7

M1: Scrambled eggs with steamed broccoli

Coffee w/ CM

M2: Leftover steak with broccoli. (I like broccoli)

M3: Ate out at Buffalo Wild Wings with the family (and resisted the call of beer pitchers and Asian Zing!)

Traditional "naked" wings

Side salad sans dressing, cheese, or croutons

I brought along my own homemade vinaigrette and wing sauce I made with ghee and Louisiana hot sauce (compliant). It felt like cheating! :)

Day 8

M1:

Scrambled eggs

Coffee w/ CM

M3:

Salad with salmon, vinaigrette, & almonds

M4:

Got out the spiral slicer I got for Christmas and made zucchini noodles! 

Ate them with a simplified variation I made of Well Fed 2's Old School Italian Meat Sauce. YUM!

This W30 feels very different from my first. Last W30, weight started falling off of me almost immediately, but now I really don't feel much different (except for not stuffing my face with chocolate every night, which is great!)

Day 9

M1:

2 veggie egg muffins (veggies used: kale, broccoli, red pepper, onion, mushrooms)

Half a banana

Coffee w/ CM

Making the egg muffins was a DISASTER. How do you keep them from sticking? & don't say coconut oil, I slathered the muffin pan with it.

I have a mild headache. Have had a few mild cold symptoms the past few days. Also still really sore from an intense "beginner's" yoga class Sat morning.

M2 will be:

Salad w/ vinaigrette, almonds, grilled chicken thigh

Cup of ginger green tea at work late afternoon. 

M3:

2 small pieces of grilled chicken

bowl of carrot ginger soup

Headache stuck around all day (Monday). Noticed today that I have had a headache every Monday for the past few weeks or so now. Maybe I get used to NOT looking at a computer all weekend, then get back to it on Monday and my eyes have to adjust all over again? But I've worked on a computer 8 hours a day for 8 years so I don't know.

Day 12

M1

Veggie egg muffin (I'm SO OVER THESE, ugh. Still have several left to finish up.)

Coffee/CM

M2

Spaghetti/zoodles, half a baked sweet potato w/ ghee, salt, cinnamon

Pre workout snack

Small banana, a few roasted salted pistachios

M3

Carrot ginger soup with grilled chicken

...and just a couple more pistachios. I think I might have toed into SWYPO territory.

Feeling pretty good. I did all the dishes tonight, instead of just some of them, and that's saying something for me. :)

Day 13 (& It's Friday! My own personal Friday the 13th.)

M1

Veggie egg muffin (be gone already!)

A few bites of my kid's plain egg muffin (just egg)

Coffee/CM

M2

Leftover zoodle spaghetti & half a sweet potato

M3

Roasted sweet potato and Japanese yam with sauteed kale, garlic, red pepper, onion. With a splash of mighty mineral vinegar. And a grilled chicken thigh.

Day 14. Crazy busy day. Much frustration and temptation.

M1

Veggie egg muffin (only one left!) With half an avocado

Bulletproof coffee! (With coconut milk, ghee, and cinnamon) weekend treat

M2

Leftover sweet potato kale stuff with a grilled chicken thigh

Went to an afternoon kid's birthday party and they had a veggie and fruit tray! I had a couple pieces of raw broccoli, 1 of celery, and a green apple slice.

M3

More leftover sweet potato kale stuff with an egg over easy.

A little handful of unsweetened coconut flakes... just got them from the natural grocer (far away) and had to taste :)

I resisted a very strong urge to reward myself with a banana tonight. (Ok, still resisting, but I'll make it)

Yes bananas are compliant... but not as a late night replacement for my ice cream binges.

Day 15

M1

Scrambled eggs with coconut aminos... MMMM

Coffee/CM

M2

Salad with canned salmon, vinaigrette, diced apple, raw cashews

M3

Carnitas, with BBQ sauce (from Well Fed 2), Classic Coleslaw (also from Well Fed 2)

Finally starting to feel like I might be losing a little weight. Also started my cycle a several days early today, which is also way different from my first Whole30. I didn't get my period at all for 3 months after my first Whole30.

Day 15

M1

Scrambled eggs with coconut aminos... MMMM

Coffee/CM

M2

Salad with canned salmon, vinaigrette, diced apple, raw cashews

M3

Carnitas, with BBQ sauce (from Well Fed 2), Classic Coleslaw (also from Well Fed 2)

Finally starting to feel like I might be losing a little weight. Also started my cycle a several days early today, which is also way different from my first Whole30. I didn't get my period at all for 3 months after my first Whole30.

Make sure you're getting 1-3 cups of vegetables at every meal - looks like breakfast missed veggies.

Also, from a few days ago, a pre workout snack should be protein and optional fat. No fruit. Save your 1-2 daily servings of fruit to enjoy with or immediately after your main meals.

Make sure you're getting 1-3 cups of vegetables at every meal - looks like breakfast missed veggies.

Also, from a few days ago, a pre workout snack should be protein and optional fat. No fruit. Save your 1-2 daily servings of fruit to enjoy with or immediately after your main meals.

Yeah, I know... I'm very busy and have to make do with what I have right at that moment sometimes. :)

Day 16. Is this really half over now? I may have to Whole45!

M1

Sunrise scramble from Well Fed 2. (Any guesses to what my fave book is?)

Coffee/cm

M2

Leftover bbq pork with coleslaw

M3

Half a steak, steamed lemon pepper broccoli (another wf2 concoction)

May have just eaten a few raw cashews while preparing tomorrow's meals...oops. not even a handful though.

Archived