Help! I need recipes for pureed soups with protein

caiceangel

My boyfriend is having dental surgery on Friday and will be on a liquid diet for at least 10-days.

I found lots of recipes for cream of whatever soups, but I can't figure out how to get quality protein in a liquid form.

Does anyone have a recipe for compliant pureed soup with protein?

I appreciate any ideas or suggestions. 

Honestly, when I make sweet potato soup (for ease of cooking) I put onions, sweet potatoes and some form of compliant pork (US Wellness bacon if you have your hands on any) with chicken stock in a crock pot.  When it's all cooked, I blend it all together in the Vitamix and it has a nice flavor but no large chunks of meat.

My Mother recently had surgery and needed to be on a pureed food diet for 2 weeks.  If you search pureed food diet you will find a lot of resources and ideas that can easily be made compliant.  You can also take any protein you have cooked for yourself and blend it with bone broth to the right consistency.  When I researched for my Mother I was amazed at the ideas that were available.   We just took what was cooked for my Dad and blended with bone broth and she could eat it too.  I have deleted all the links I saved but do a search and you will be amazed.

I've added baby food to my soups after dental surgery.  I know I've found chicken baby food in the past it worked out well.  It was easy and tasted just fine.  I was also doing my own cooking and really didn't want to put in too much effort.

You could definitely just blend up your own protein in a blender too.  Just add bone broth or another liquid until you get the right consistency.

I blend up everyday paleo's better butter chicken http://everydaypaleo.com/better-butter-chicken/ for my son when we have it for dinner--he is 2.5 and it is just easier for him and I also put broccoli in it when blending and he slurps it right up. It is a wonderful meal with plenty of protein and good fats--I usually double the sauce amount--and you could certainly thin it with chicken bone broth to make it easier to eat if needed. I have also been known to do that with stew too. You could also put poached eggs in a tomato sauce/soup that he could break and blend in, and the eggs would be super soft. 

Archived