Enviedecafé's 1st Whole 30

Enviedecafé

Admitted gluten/grain/pasta addict....Day 1 is in the books.

M1 8:40 - Well Fed 2 Scheredaze ( sp?) frittata (eggs, spinach, ground beef, onion, garlic).

M2 11:45 - 2 cups+ spainach/baby kale salad with sliced almonds, approx. 1/4 cup assorted berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries). Small bag of Apple slices.

M3 6:30 - Outback for dh's birthday. 6 oz. steak, steamed broccoli (no butter), sweet potto fries. Seltzer w/lime to drink, yum.

The frittata filled me up at M1 more than I am used to,so. I just wasn't that hungry @ lunch. Didn't get to eat my spaghetti squash & Well Fed 2 sauce...more left for tomorrow:)

So far, so good...first time eating spaghetti squash and wow! Loved it!! Glad I made enough for a few more meals:)

M1 7:40 - Aforementioned WF2 frittata that I can't spell

M2 10:50 - spaghetti squash and Well Fed 2 Italian sauce (no pork chop) w/WF2 beef meatballs

5:00 - banana on the run

M3 6:30 - more spaghetti squash and Well Fed 2 Italian sauce (no pork chop) w/WF2 beef meatballs

9:00 pm apple slices that I didn't eat at lunch

Black herbal tea

Day 3 in the books.

M1 10:30 - 1/2 Well Fed 2 Scheredaze ( sp?) frittata (eggs, spinach, ground beef, onion, garlic).

M2 11:55 - 2 cups+ spainach/baby kale salad with sliced almonds, approx. 1/4 cup assorted berries (raspberries, blackberries, blueberries). Small bag of Apple slices. AND leftover spaghetti squash w/Well Fed 2 sauce.

M3 6:30 - leftover spaghetti squash w/Well Fed 2 sauce.

Day 7 in the books. I had been keeping track of what I've eaten in Paleotrack.com, but that site seems to be down the past few days:(

I'm noticing a diminished appetite. My fog seems to have diminished too, mostly. I'm feeling good.

M1 missed it, as I was late to church. Hope I don't get in trouble for this. Black coffee.

M2 12:30 - omelette w/onions, salt & pepper.

Snack - handful of Trader Joe's Go Raw trail mix

M3 was late Zucchini noodles w/Well Fed 2 Thai sauce.

Tea before bed.

Day 8 in the books. Fog lifted!

M1 - again got hung up at work right away and no M1

M2 - big spinach & baby kale salad with some sliced almonds and a sliced up kiwi! My first kiwi purchase, and I'm a new fan. Also ate a banana, apple slices, and a single-serve trader joe trail mix

Snack - handful nuts

M3 - Made another batch of Well Fed 2's Taj Mahal Chicken--curry is becoming a favorite spice for me

Snack again handful nuts

Day 8 in the books. Fog lifted!

M1 - again got hung up at work right away and no M1

M2 - big spinach & baby kale salad with some sliced almonds and a sliced up kiwi! My first kiwi purchase, and I'm a new fan. Also ate a banana, apple slices, and a single-serve trader joe trail mix

Snack - handful nuts

M3 - Made another batch of Well Fed 2's Taj Mahal Chicken--curry is becoming a favorite spice for me

Snack again handful nuts

So what can you do to eat within an hour of waking, so you get 3 meals in?  ;)

M2 had no protein: don't left fruit push protein off your plate. Be sure each meal has 1-2 palms of protein, 1-3 cups of veggies and the appropriate amount of compliant fat.

Fruit is limited to 1-2 servings a day, where a serving is the size of your fist.

Avoid using nuts alone as a snack. Snacks, if needed, should be a mini-meal including a protein and fat. Nuts are considered a fat source on a Whole30.

Archived