Compliant curcumin?

CGinDC

Hi, I've asked this in another forum but haven't gotten any response so I'll try again here.

I take curcumin to help control joint inflammation, but the one I take has rice powder in it and I can't seem to find a compliant brand. Any suggestions?

Hi, I've asked this in another forum but haven't gotten any response so I'll try again here.

I take curcumin to help control joint inflammation, but the one I take has rice powder in it and I can't seem to find a compliant brand. Any suggestions?

I just found this one that doesn't seem to have any non compliant ingredients. http://curcuminreview.org/?gclid=CI_Fy_z187sCFeU5QgodsloA3A I just googled it so I don't know anything about the product. I know that supplements are discouraged on the whole30 but I understand that sometimes you have to take them to get through the day. I don't know if you eat paleo normally but I have found that eating gluten free an dairy free had made a difference with my inflammation / pain. Hopefully this challenge will help you.

I am trying to go without, but until my last Whole30 I had been on serious anti-inflammatories for 8 years for a form of arthritis that is affecting my sacroillial joints and spine. I've greatly reduced the need for them, but I still have inflammation and the pain is in no way gone. Curcumin makes it manageable without the anti-inflammatories, so I'll look into the one that you mentioned above.

I am vitamins with compliant ingredients (medical requirement as I had WLS in 2004). What I have found is the cellulose capsules are made with rice flour as one ingredient. I wonder if that's why your bottle lists them. Have you considered opening the capsules and stirring the powder into homemade applesauce to take it? Not sure how that would taste. I am going to have to use this method for my vitamins. 

The way the label reads it seems as though the rife flour is mixed with the curcumin. They read as follows:

"Other ingredients: rice flour, cellulose (capsule), ascorbyl palmitate."

Hoping a moderator can weigh in here. I'm on day 8 and unable to go more than 2 days without taking something to calm the inflammation in my back (and I have a high pain tolerance - it gets pretty bad). Do I take the NSAIDs and worry about stomach and intestinal damage, or do I take the curcumin and worry about the rice flour ruining my Whole30? Neither option seems great.

I am trying to find a solution to a similar situation. I get supplements from Life Extension. After doing a Whole45 or so, I noticed that there is rice flour in about 2/3 of the supplements that I take. I know that we are supposed to avoid supplements for the duration, but I am following an iodine protocol and must take companion supplements with the iodine.

I found Pure Encapsulations brand yesterday. Their product appears to be formulated without any fillers. They have 3 different options for curcumin. Also a complete range of other supplements. I googled them to find out about quality. Have only found positive information but will continue looking before ordering,

If anyone has any opinion or iinformation about Pure Encapsulations, would be great to hear!

I'm not a moderator, but take it.  Medication trumps Whole30, and in your case, this isn't a supplement you're taking for the fun of it.  You're taking it as medication.  (Example: I take a prescription medication without which my body does not function well at all.  The inert ingredients are corn starch and powdered sugar.  I don't like this, but I take it because it's what's out there to treat my particular situation.  And it's completely acceptable to do this on a Whole30).

Hi AmyS, thanks for that. I think I'm losing the forest for the trees a bit. I've been only taking my NSAID every couple of days, and you know what? My back really hurts. I'm on day 14 and I had hoped that the inflammation would go down again with another Whole30, but it's really not yet - and it's not worth being in pain. I haven't worked out once in over a month in part because of it (and also because it's winter and I'm lazier in winter).

Archived