How will I know?

Lisa L

How will I know if a Whole30 is truly done or if I need more time? Some people have been saying they do a few extra days or W45 or even more. What are the signs?

If it's in the book, just point me to the right chapter. I have a tendency to easily forget book text. 

Have you set goals for your Whole 30 and do you have expectations of what you'd like to achieve?

If you haven't reached these yet, then you might want to add more time on until you do.

As to how do you know if your Whole 30 is done, I reckon it's quite an individual thing.

My Whole30 is done after day 30!!!  Thats all I signed up for, hahaha.  It's important for me to end on day 30 and then leave myself some time to reintroduce foods.  Last time I tried doing it longer, but when I finally gave into cravings...day 50 I didn't reintroduce foods one at a time so I wasnt able to test what I am sensitive to.  For example I ate nachos...corn and cheese at the same time.  I felt sick but I don't know what food group did it.  This time I'm doing the W30 then reintroduction as recommended.

How will I know if a Whole30 is truly done or if I need more time? Some people have been saying they do a few extra days or W45 or even more. What are the signs?

If it's in the book, just point me to the right chapter. I have a tendency to easily forget book text. 

It's your call. As annabel said, if you have specific goals you want to achieve and don't hit them all in 30 days, that would be a reason to continue. Other people feel so terrific, they have no interest in reintroducing at 30 days, so they keep going. Other people feel done, for a variety of reasons, at day 31.

See how you're feeling on day 30/31 and decide then.

Archived