Day 11 and I'm an emotional mess

So, today is Day 11! So far, it really hasn't been that bad (knock on wood). I've really done a lot of prep for this before I began and the thing that keeps me going is that I do NOT want to start at Day 1 again ANYTIME soon! :blink:The thing is...yesterday and today I find myself to be extremely stressed out and more anxious than usual... plus today I can't stop crying. I'm a total basketcase! Is that something normal?? Is it my hormones adjusting? In general, I am a hugeee emotional eater, but now I can barely even fathom eating. Has this ever happened to anyone? :unsure: If so, does anyone have any advice/tips?

I'm sorry I don't have any tips as I'm not quite finished with my first Whole 30, however I can definately relate.. Huge emotional eater myself, then beat myself up over it later.. I have felt some of those same side affects myself through this but it's getting better.. Hang in there. Some days I have to force feed now but I think our bodies will adapt over time.. Best of luck :)

It was a little earlier for me, but there was definitely a day when I could not stop crying. I think it was day 7, because it was a Tuesday. I know this because one of the things that made me cry was a scene from The Biggest Loser that I could not even SEE, because I was in the kitchen cooking and the TV was on out in the next room. Also I cried because I dropped a pen. Seriously.

I can't say for sure, but yeah, it is probably your hormones adjusting to the wreckage sugar did to them, if you ate a lot of sugar before Whole 30. I am also a huge emotional eater, and I did have a day a few days ago where I wanted to eat everything in the pantry because I was sad. It just was not the same day as the cry at all the things phase. My advice there is to find something fun to do that isn't food, to try and make your brain connect something that isn't food to comfort and relief from sadness.

I went up the rec room and played video games, because video games are fun and also make me nostalgic for college. You could try reading an old comfort book - mine are the Little House on the Prairie books. Just pick an old favorite book or old favorite tv show and read a chapter or watch an episode. Then maybe when you are sad, instead of EAT ALL THE THINGS, your brain will say LET'S WATCH SOME BATTLESTAR GALACTICA!

Good luck and I AM WITH YOU, HERE VIRTUALLY HOLDING YOUR INTERNET HAND.

Thanks so so much for your support & tips! I even cried while reading your responses!!! See: Hot Mess!

I def ate a slew of garbage and junk for pretty much the entire month of December up to the day I started. I found the 1st week on Whole30 to be not that bad, as far as emotions go.. I was just super tired with awful migraines for a few days. Now, however, my brain has caught on and it's taking me on an emotional journey to Depression Alley. I'm glad that others have felt this way bc I was about to wonder if I was beginning to lose it!!!

You are ABSOLUTELY not losing it, and you are absolutely not alone.

My boyfriend thought it was so hilarious that he would call me on the phone and sing the chorus of "Let It Go," a song from Disney's new movie Frozen, because I would start crying EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

That part will pass eventually. I can totally get through the ENTIRE SONG without crying now, SO THERE, BOYFRIEND.

@Chris - Thanks for bringing that up! I was eating a sweet potato (or two) a day & for the past 2-3 days I stopped bc I thought I was eating them too often. I then started eating more salad/spinach/broccoli--- ya know, pretty much anything green and/or leafy. I guess I should bring them back in, maybe that's the reason for my recent plummet in mood and emotion craziness? Hmm...

Archived