upset stomach days 6-9?

Is this normal? I used to get stomach issues from eating terrible food, so I'm surprised to be having these issues while on the Whole30.

Here's a sample day:

Meal 1: sausage (ground beef with spices - not store-bought), sweet potato, and egg casserole plus 1/2 avocado

Meal 2: big salad with buffalo chicken (using compliant sauce and creamy dressing), 1/2 avocado

Meal 3: ground pork with kale, butternut squash, and coconut milk

Just wondering what I might be doing wrong. Thanks!

I am on day 6 as well, and I am experiencing an upset stomach after every meal. This has been happening since day 3, and was not typical before I started whole30. It's like a bad combination of nausea and heartburn. The only ingredient that is consistent between nearly all of my meals is clarified butter as a cooking fat. I am going to eliminate the clarified butter to see if that helps. If you find any relief please share!

It is normal, a lot of people have it during those days. I certainly did, and a lot of people in my group with the same starting date did as well. The digestive enzymes really helped - you can buy them online, or don't be sure you can't get them where you are. You can go to the NOW website for the enzymes and they can do a location check to see if any store near you offers them.

However, in the meantime, make sure you are drinking a lot of water (that really helped with my digestive issues), try not to eat too many "gassy" vegetables on the same day (this was one of my problems that a mod solved for me), and maybe try a ginger tea? A gentleman in another thread cuts up a couple of handfuls of fresh ginger and pours hot water over that, uses the same ginger for 4 or 5 refills, then mashes it a little with a spoon to release the oils and continues. I tried this also and it is a wonderful comforting tea, and ginger sometimes helps with stomach upset.

Archived