scared to fail

mrssmall

Seriously.  It is an AMAZING tool.  It gives you plenty of tips for all the major roadblocks you're going to be facing, ideas to help you stay on track, not to mention accountability every single day.  It is definitely worth the $15, especially if you are going into it feeling a little unsure.  I could give you lots more great advice, but they really do cover it all in the subscription!  

And, like Emily said, if you do fall off the wagon, just dust yourself off and get back on again.  There is no shame in needing to start the program twenty-seven times before you finally complete it.  The only thing you need be afraid of is never starting and regretting not doing this for yourself, or quitting and not persevering even when you fail.  You CAN do this.  Prove to yourself that you do have the willpower and, if you don't build it up until you do!

Unfortunately the program can't change your habits, but YOU can, by following the program.

You can do it if you choose to do it, but I would recommend that you *decide* that you CAN. really it feels like a game at first and that just telling yourself you can doesn't change the idea that you believe you can't. But what I've learned is that what we * believe* about ourselves is directly related to what we *tell* ourselves over and over and over. Does that make any sense at all?

I hope so- good luck! And if you do fail, you are no worse off than you were before!

Not trying is a bigger failure than trying and not achieving success.  With each act of compliance, you become healthier.

During my first Whole30, I used a language of choice.  I chose to do Whole30, so following the rules was my choice.  There was no "I can't" but "I choose not to."

I was really motivated by the intro to the program, how it told me that failure was not an option, and that making different food choices is not hard.  I enjoyed the challenge to treat myself to the best possible fuel and prove that yes I could!

How much do you know about the program and what are your specific fears?  There are plenty of people here to support you!

I think this is pretty standard anxiety that everyone went through, to some degree. It seems daunting and overwhelming, but you're going to feel full (fat has satiety, so does protein) and once you wean off sugar, you will feel much, much better.

You will also enjoy the new variety of foods you can eat, and if you hang in there until day 11, you will feel amazing :)

You can do it!!! :) :)

Yes, definitely try! Or, if you just came across the program, research it and read the forums for a while and then try when you feel prepared. I discovered the program last year at this time, but I didn't feel confident and ready to make the change until this year; there is nothing wrong with reading up and needing more time.

YOU CAN DO IT. I promise it is a lot simpler than you think... I thought I would be going insane without grains, but what I discovered is that it is really a lot easier than I ever thought it would be, and that there are many delicious things out there I could have been eating all this time!

Don't be afraid to fail... you may make some mistakes, as does everyone; it is hard to change. Acknowledge the mistakes and continue on, there will probably be a lot of other people on the forums doing the same thing! I agree wholeheartedly with everyone who says failing is much better than not trying! :)

You will also enjoy the new variety of foods you can eat, and if you hang in there until day 11, you will feel amazing :)

This!  Taking a good look at all of the variety and color that I could have (as opposed to what I wasn't having) helped me tremendously.

For a good look, you can see photos of peoples' meals in their logs.  We are enjoying such abundance!

Congratulations!  We are on our first W30 too.  I am on day 13 and lately almost every evening I CRAVE all kinds of junk.  Every night I go to bed angry, lol!  But every morning I wake up so glad that I stayed true to the commitment I made to myself!  And bonus, my daughter woke me up at 5:30 (two hours early) this morning and I am not tired at all; I feel GREAT!  Usually I'm always dragging in the morning, even when I do sleep in!  Loving it!  :D

Archived