Lonely log

So, I decided to log my current Whole30 and I'm pretty sure that all of the views but one are from me clicking on it.

Anyone else have a lonely log and want to share check-ins?

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Bethany,

My log has been lonelier since I am travelling, but I'll be home again and while I'm not tackling the part of eating compliant foods, I do struggle with preparing enough of it so that I am not always thinking about food.  I'd love to hear that I am not alone even though I know very well that I'm not.

You're not alone, Nico! I struggle with the planning ahead thing also, although I'm on my second Whole30 so I've carried some tricks through from the first. Also, I've done a fair amount of research on places I can compliantly eat out (because I'm really much too lazy to cook every meal!)--that helps when I'm in a pinch. 

Where are you travelling?

I'm in Gallup, NM.  An unexpected death in my immediate family brought me here for about 10 days.  My husband helped me buy Pre-Made Paleo for the trip and I left him a lot of food in the freezer.

I still forget that each of us eats close to a pound of meat a day.  So, my cook-ups need to be much bigger.  At the end of the day, I start to panic about the prepared meat and veg that I had made previously and if there is enough for my next 3 meals.  Veggies circle through my brain all night!

This week's challenge is the "can you have" and "would you like" as others try to be helpful or wonder if the stress is worth it.  I wan't to stick with it, so their anxieties will just have to be theirs.

What are the places you have found for meals out?  Kitchen clean-up is another big source of frustration at my house, so we really enjoy meals out.

What are the places you have found for meals out?  Kitchen clean-up is another big source of frustration at my house, so we really enjoy meals out.

Sorry to hear about your family member!

Re: eating out, you'll definitely want to double check that what I'm about to say is also true in your area, because there can be some variation by region--if you just go to the restaurant for the first time during a slow time of the day, the staff will usually not mind if you quiz them to death about every single ingredient. I've also done some writing to companies, and they've been quite good about providing detail. All that said, here's what's legal around here: 

Outback steakhouse: plain steak, no seasoning on the grill, dry baked sweet potato, steamed veggies with no seasonings or oil. Bring your own olive oil--theirs is terrible. 

Panera: Power steak wraps minus the pesto dressing. Tell them to double the steak and avocado. There's not much to this dish. This is off their "hidden" menu, by the way, so you won't see it on the store menu. You can find out more about that at panera.com

Chipotle: carnitas salad (no dressing, rice or  beans, of course) with mild salsa (the other salsas may be okay, but I haven't researched them), and guac. All the other meats are cooked with soy oil or other noncompliant stuff, so only the carnitas are okay. 

Five Guys: hamburger with grilled onions, green peppers, mushrooms, lettuce, tomato. Remove the bun, and no ketchup or mustard. I wrote to Five Guys and they said they cook on a flat top grill with no added oil-yeah!

Good luck!

Definitely not alone. I actually find the being prepared/kitchen cleaning/eating out thing to be so much harder when I'm riding my own bike than on a strict plan because I'm just a bratty little rule follower but of course then it isn't hard to do but it is more stressful. From your last log post you are doing quite well putting yourself first while still being kind about it and I think that is key when dealing with others.

Archived