Pre-diabetic & digestive issues

acmom

Hi! My husband and I are on day 3 of the Whole30. I've been changing my diet the past few years since I became pre-diabetic (part of my pancreas was surgically removed due to cyst). However, my A1C levels have been going in the wrong direction so here we are J I am 5'8 and barely 120 lbs so I'm definitely not trying to lose any weight during this program – just get healthy! I should also mention that since my surgery, my digestive system works a little too well.

I'm finding staying full tricky. Yesterday, along with my main meals (protein and veggies), I ate a banana, 2 clementine's and almonds. Is the concern with eating too much fruit for people trying to lose weight on this program? In other words, is it ok to eat that much fruit?

• Moderators

The issue with fruit is that fruit delivers a relatively high load of sugar and offers less nutrition bite for bite than vegetables. We want you to fill up on veggies paired with a palm-size portion of protein and a good dose of fat at meals. Increasing protein and fat is the secret to staying full between meals. My favorite is veggies roasted with flavorful fat.

If you need a snack than you are most likely not eating enough at your 3 meals. If you are hungry between meals we advice that you eat a mini meal including protein and fat not just veggies. 

A serving of fruit is what you can hold in your hand.

Do you have a copy of the food template?

If you could post a few days of your food log we could probably help you make the tweeks you need to stay full. 

Archived