Meal review- full at lunch, enough veggies?

kt cat

Is this enough veggies for a lunch meal?

Today I had about 1 cup of spaghetti squash with Well fed's morrocon meatballs, 6 approx 1 inch balls, with sauce, with probably about 1 cup of broccoli + zuchini mixed together. I crushed a couple cashews over the meatballs. and a clemantine

I also brought about 1-1.5 cup butternut squash soup but I was full and had a stomach ache after eating the above. (I actually was starving for lunch and tried to force myself to eat slowly so I didn't make myself sick)

Now does the butternut squash soup count as a veggie? I assume the spaghetti squash does...

I will probably want to eat the aoup around 5 before I go home for work, is that ok?

My breakfasts typically have been a sausage link, 1 egg, sauteed up with sweet potato, carrots, and spinach with an avocado on top.

Dinner tonite will be well fed's pad thai (hopefully it urns out) with a salad with avocado.

2-3 cups of veggies with each meal is suggested, so it sounds like you were doing good with the spaghetti squash & broccoli/zucchini. IF you were hungry in between lunch and dinner, then it's suggested that you have a mini-meal of protein/healthy fats. Are you getting in your healthy fats? Make sure you don't skimp on these because I've found that if I don't eat enough of them or skip them, I get really hungry in between my meals.

The soup is not an ideal snack on its own but it is not the worst you can do either and if you feel like you can't make it to your last meal than I would say it is fine. Better if you had it with some additional protein. I'm assuming it probably has coconut milk in it to make it creamy? I like to eat my veggie soups with my first meals and I do count them as a vegetable. 

Overall your meals sounds just fine...well done!

I feel like I'm rushing to eat meals 1 AND 2. Sometimes I eat half my breakfast at home and the rest at work, so I can get out the door. I am a fan of egg scrambles or that kind of thing in morning so I havn't ventured into eating soups and like chicken drumsticks for breakfast.

Sometimes at work I feel rushed at lunch too. or starving and I eat too fast and get sick! Trying to slow down and take my time eating.

Yes, the butternut squash soup is butternut, carrots, an apple, cashews, coconut milk and some broth.

Thanks for the help!

No it wasn't a handful, I was trying to crush them on my meatballs and sauce with my hands, and the cashews are hard!

Looking back on my meals, I think that Meal 2 is usually heavy on the veggies, but I don't add an additional fat, other than whats already in the meal, in this case the meat, some oil, etc.

For meals 1 and 3, I am at home and it's easier, and I've been adding avocado to my breakfast and either avocado or olives to my salads.

And it is usually between 1 and 7 before I get home to eat dinner. I think I need to work on planning a seperate from lunch mini meal that I can eat maybe around 5 before I leave for work? Also work on getting a fat into all my meals!

You could also just plan a 2nd meal that is larger than you think you can finish at that meal. Eat it evenly (don't leave all the veges for last for example) and if you have leftovers you have a mini meal, if you don't than maybe you just needed more food at that meal. It is similar to what happened today just making sure you have some protein left too as the soup has fat in it.

Archived