Today is the day!

Allisonh37

I am starting my first Whole 30 today. My name is Allison and I am really excited to feel better soon.

No big health concerns, just feeling yucky most days.

I have some challenges like most, but hoping for some support.

I travel for work, have a 2 year old to cook for and a sugar addicted husband who won't be joining me on this new venture. Hence there will be treats tempting me in the fridge.

Thanks and have a great day!

Allison

P.S just had coconut milk in my coffee for breakfast and love it.

Welcome!  I'm on Day 5 and doing very well!  Everyone on this forum have been great about answering questions and being supportive!  You will do just fine!  My boyfriend has horrible eating habits, so there is plenty in our home too that may tempt me...but in my eyes, most of it is a mind game!  Keep the upper hand :)  WE can do it!  Good luck!

So I am on day 7 and feeling pretty good.

I have noticed that I often go to put food left over from my daughter in my mouth. But catch myself. Whew.

So easy to eat her stuff. But I am sticking to my whole30

I also noticed that my Aroy d coconut milk says on packaging that once opened the shelf life is 2days in fridge. What? No way I can consume a whole container or use it to cook in 2 days. And it's over 7 bucks a container.

So what's wrong with consuming it past 2 days? Thanks.

So I am on day 7 and feeling pretty good.

I have noticed that I often go to put food left over from my daughter in my mouth. But catch myself. Whew.

So easy to eat her stuff. But I am sticking to my whole30

I also noticed that my Aroy d coconut milk says on packaging that once opened the shelf life is 2days in fridge. What? No way I can consume a whole container or use it to cook in 2 days. And it's over 7 bucks a container.

So what's wrong with consuming it past 2 days? Thanks.

My rule of thumb is if it smells good still I use it.

That said I tend to purchase my coconut milk in smaller containers because I don't use a lot of it.

Thanks.

Am I in the right forum. I wanted to post about my experience. Thanks.

Usually threads in the "Join the Whole30" section are used for a bunch of people that started around the same time to talk about their experience with each other. If you want a thread that is mostly focused on your log you can create one in the "Your Whole30 Log" section.

Archived