Starting w30 Feb 3

Bodey

Hey all - as part of our cross-fit class, we're starting a group w30 challenge on February 3 (after Super Bowl Sunday).

Wife and I already eat relatively clean, but this will be a great challenge and kick start to the year (ok...late kick).

-b

I'm kind of looking forward to it too- I'm very interested to see if I'll see a big difference with committing to the full 30 days with no cheat. I have to admit, I had my favorite chicken wings last night for dinner. I know that's not a huge "cheat", but it kind of felt that way.

Also reading "It Starts With Food".... I'll never look at an Oreo the same again (or a Twinkie...)

I am starting Feb 3rd as well. This past 28 days,  I cut out caffeine, grains and had one "chosen" cheese laden mexican meal (which I puked after 27 days of no dairy) and have really limited carbs already. So, that was my prep to get ready for the Whole 30. The alcohol will be the hardest for me. However, it's only 30 days.

Bodey,

Thanks for posting. ISWF is an great read and nails down every reason I commit to eating clean. I have to admit that I am off to a slow, uncoordinated start in terms of meal plan, packing my breakfast and lunch for work; But feel great about all of it because I now the benefits I feel almost immediately. Wednesday is my day off so I will get my big prep day in then.

Happy Day 1.

I will start reading ISWF again so you we can discuss as we go especially through detox time.

AJ

My Husband and I just started today. I think my biggest area will be sugar and chocolate. 

I don't drink alcohol and haven't had caffeine for a couple of months. 

My hubby may have some issues with the detox from alcohol. 

Also he doesn't like coconut so I will have to find some replacements for some of the recipes I have been studying.

Lorrie

Hi all!  I started today, as well.  Very excited (and nervous) about starving my sugar dragon.  I have already learned that I need to get my  breakfast scene together, as my two small children (ages 1 and 3) demand a lot in the morning, and I don't have time to mess around with cooking.  Also excited to discover that coffee with no sugar, but with some coconut milk, is actually not that bad!

Wow quite a few of you have started today! I figured I would be the odd ball out not starting on the 1st of the month (darn Superbowl Sunday messing things up). 

Well HELLO group! I'm Jen and I am starting today, February 3rd also. Just like all of you I am very excited and very nervous at the same time. Can't wait to see what this next 30 days has in store for me, but so far Day 1 has been very kind. 

Good luck everyone!

I started today, too.  4:20pm and I'm soooooo lethargic!  They warned me about this in the book.  I was also really hungry, so I had a piece of the egg casserole that I made yesterday, and that did the trick. 

To the OP -- love your name, I have a 3yo son named Bode.  :-)

Hi everyone, I started today as well. My Mondays are normally hectic but my work day was cut short by snow! Now I am stuck home thinking about snacking. Snow days and snacking go together in my mind. Nothing like a good little challenge for the first day!

Hi everyone, I started today as well. My Mondays are normally hectic but my work day was cut short by snow! Now I am stuck home thinking about snacking. Snow days and snacking go together in my mind. Nothing like a good little challenge for the first day!

Perfect time to create a new connection. How about snow days and a hot cup of tea/book? How about snow days and your favorite movie? Really anything that isn't food. ;) You can do it!

Hey all - as part of our cross-fit class, we're starting a group w30 challenge on February 3 (after Super Bowl Sunday).

Wife and I already eat relatively clean, but this will be a great challenge and kick start to the year (ok...late kick).

-b

Good luck Bodey.  My whole 30 ended superbowl sunday.  Starting weight 158.2.  Ended weight at 147.1. 

I started yesterday as well! I have been struggling between eating what is conventionally considered "healthy" and just not very healthy at all for a while now. ISWF completely changed my perspective and I'm really excited to improve my relationship with food  :)

First day was a little rough but I got through it. I hope everyone else had a good first day! 

Glad to have found you all!  I started Feb. 3, too.  I did a Whole30 in Jan, but screwed up my reintroductions.  I had problems w/ dairy for sure, but am unsure about gluten as I went a little crazy and they overlapped.  So, I'm doing it again with the goal of getting real answers at the end.

My first W30 in Jan, was quite simple.  I didn't have a lot of the difficulties I've seen discussed.  I am hoping this one goes as well.  I will say that I felt terrible for the week in between!!!

Best to you all!

I started Feb 3 as well (had to be post-Super Bowl).  I truly overdid it and made all of the foods I thought I would miss during the Whole30.  Monday morning I felt terrible and was definitely ready to get on track with the Whole30.  I've read ISWF in prep and have downloaded the success guide and signed up for the daily email support.  I have been eating fairly clean but am obviously not eating clean enough.  I was still indulging in dairy, wine and artificial sweeteners.  Over the past year, I've had several "inflammation-related" health issues and with my dr's encouragement, I am going to do at least 1 Whole30 to see if those issues improve.  I suspect I'll need to do more than 1 round, but it's only day 3 and I need to get through this one first!  I'd love to join your group for accountability and encouragement! 

I jumped on board yesterday after getting on the scale...ha!  Talk about motivation!  I've pretty much gone full-blown paleo since my first whole 30 last November...but I do still enjoy some sugar and wine.  SO, I thought I'd try another whole 30 to see if it helps with some things!  I love the paleo way, and eat more veggies than I ever dreamed I would.  Best of luck to us all!

Archived