Serial drop-out, going for it again

lizzie_s

Hello friends,

I did a Whole 30 over the summer and felt brilliant.  Found great support here on the forum.  Since then, I've been trying to do another.  The Sugar Dragon has me firmly in its hold and I've had difficulty coming to grips with it.  But I've been trying to do it alone.  I'm hoping using the forum will help

I am preparing today, and will begin tomorrow.  I know it's an odd time to start -- most people will begin on Feb. 1.  But for me it's a matter of seizing the moment!

If anyone wants to join me for mutual support and encouragement, I'd love the company!

Lizzie

I was a serial drop out for years. What got me through this time was the forum and the timeline which I had never seen before.  It is hard to give up when you feel fat on day 12 when the timeline shows everyone feels this way and it goes away (or exhausted on day 8, etc)! :) 

I am on day 29 and I cannot in words explain to you how GREAT day 29 is!!!!!!!!!!!  PS. This time I also did not push the workouts. I focused on food this month, that might have helped to. Month 2 I am again focusing on the workouts. Just my experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started Whole 30 this morning (January 30th).  In the next 30 days I have the Super Bowl, a delivery of wine from a wine club and a 4 night trip to Las Vegas for business.

The good news is I HAVE traveled before doing this and since I'm driving (instead of flying) to LV, I can carry some sustenance that is compliant.

Well, I'm nothing if not optimistic.  After all, what do I have to lose? 

• 2 weeks later...

I also dropped out my first time. I think it was around day7 or 8 but this time I can't imagine dropping out after reading It Starts With Food! That book changed my life! You guys must read it to understand why the Whole30 is so important.

Good for everyone in trying again and again!  My third attempt is going well- day 15! 

I found out that a lot of the stuff I THOUGHT was compliant on my first 2 attempts were not.  Damn those sneaky sugars!  I feel more successful now that those are out of the diet completely- no more sugar cravings!

Good luck gang.  Hopefully, valentine's day didn't cause a reset for anyone.  Got my sweetie a big chocolate bar and marshmallows for her Valentine's Day.  I had.....a LaraBar!!!  Cherry Pie.  :-)

Soulrich:  I'm on Day 24 and waiting for tigerblood.  Hopefully my Day29 will be as good as yours.

So here I am on Day 6, feeling pretty good.  It's not the food that troubles me so much, it's the making sure I sit at a table, have a real meal, don't snack.  I've been compliant with my food so far, less so with my lifestyle.  Had a friend over for dinner last night, made no-full salmon fishcakes, homemade mayo, squash, veggies, salad, fruit.  Fortunately we didn't miss the wine too much!  Good luck over the weekend everyone.

Define "overdoing" fruit.  The meal plan says 1-2 servings per day.  Mine is 2-3, generally with a meal at the end of a meal.  A few grapes, a couple of slices of apple, or a small mandarin orange.  Portion size is well within limits.  I just generally have one extra than the plan.

Archived