First Whole30 starts tomorrow 2/1/14! Who's with me?

Karinne

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like to come here and see familiar faces . . . just saying' this is a nice spot :)

I've been compliant, except for my Flax for Life Muffin in the morning.  Breakfast has always been a struggle for me.  I'm making sweet potato hash right now.  Need to get the muffins gone and restart:)  No results on the colonoscopy, yet. 

I know that this is what my body needs, I need more retraining! Boot camp here I come!

I did well today.  Made up a batch of Chocolate Chili for my babysitter and her three kids, and mine, to share while I was at work.  And made them paleo muffins out of the Almond Flour cookbook - really delicious vanilla cupcakes for paleo not whole30 kids.  Everything got rave reviews.

Well I definitely need to restart because I fell off the fridge and into McDonalds Big Mac and french fries. And if that wasn't bad enough I spent the day with my best friend, a couple of her friends, pizza, and cocktails. And yes I knew this was stupid but the sugar dragon got the best of me. Not feeling great today as expected but starting to feel better. I may have some rice for my stomach later since I know I don't have a problem with it. 

I will either restart today, because at this point I am compliant, or start tomorrow. Anyone want to join me? I was just going to continue to post on this feed unless anyone things we should start a new one. Let me know what you all think?

I just need a few days at least but I'd love to start a new thread with everyone at day 1. I think it's really encouraging that way! And don't beat yourself up about it...you're human. Just think of how small of a percentage of your daily food thats been for the last 45 days.

No problem I am restarting tomorrow and I will continue to post here until we all decide otherwise because I want to stay with all of you guys on this journey. I will definitely have to start tomorrow because I don't want to undo what I have already done even though I have been cheating. It is going to be a while that I will have to eat this way anyway. I am thinking that it will have to be a life change completely, meaning that I will have to eat basically Whole30 for the rest of my life without very many additions. For me this is frustrating and honestly it makes me angry that I can't eat pasta and bread. I know there are alternatives but let's be honest, for me, they really aren't that great. I just have to find a way to accept it as life and move on….So I am going to start with day 1 daily and continue from there. I am not going to count days at this point. For me having that 30 day goal made the cravings come back even stronger when I finished.

I am creating a food log that will list the foods and how I feel afterward so if I have any problems with food I can have a better idea of narrowing them down. I am also putting all of this in a note book that I will have with me for reference and food logging as needed. I took measurements on 9/24/13 and there were starts/stops for many months. I didn't take any measurement when I started but I have lost overall 25lbs, 5†my waist, and 3 ½ “ my hips. I would say when I started the Whole30 I was around 155. I have reorganized my kitchen so I have an entirely separate cupboard as my brother so I don't even have to look at what I can't have. Which will be nice.

Drat those Girl Scout cookies of yesterday! I'm starting today! Madhatter, I'm with you.

No problem I am restarting tomorrow and I will continue to post here until we all decide otherwise because I want to stay with all of you guys on this journey. I will definitely have to start tomorrow because I don't want to undo what I have already done even though I have been cheating. It is going to be a while that I will have to eat this way anyway. I am thinking that it will have to be a life change completely, meaning that I will have to eat basically Whole30 for the rest of my life without very many additions. For me this is frustrating and honestly it makes me angry that I can't eat pasta and bread. I know there are alternatives but let's be honest, for me, they really aren't that great. I just have to find a way to accept it as life and move on….So I am going to start with day 1 daily and continue from there. I am not going to count days at this point. For me having that 30 day goal made the cravings come back even stronger when I finished.

I am creating a food log that will list the foods and how I feel afterward so if I have any problems with food I can have a better idea of narrowing them down. I am also putting all of this in a note book that I will have with me for reference and food logging as needed. I took measurements on 9/24/13 and there were starts/stops for many months. I didn't take any measurement when I started but I have lost overall 25lbs, 5†my waist, and 3 ½ “ my hips. I would say when I started the Whole30 I was around 155. I have reorganized my kitchen so I have an entirely separate cupboard as my brother so I don't even have to look at what I can't have. Which will be nice.

Sounds like you have it all organized. Round two for me. Here we go. My sweet potato hash tastes unusually great today. 

I'm really impressed and rooting for those of you still going or starting again!!! I'm going to wait until summer- I have a week long work trip to Europe mid-June. When I get back, I should *fingers crossed* have lots of veggies from the garden to eat, and it will be a perfect time to have another one!

For the most part, I'm eating paleo and following the meal templates. It works well for me. I'm just not being overly strict about small amounts of sugar in savory foods, I don't worry about soy oil when I've eaten out, and have added a bit of dairy (half & half when I get coffee out, a bit of cheese, etc.). 

So far, I haven't really felt like trying any grains... After the wheat experience, I just don't want to risk feeling that way again. The strange thing is, my symptoms weren't that bad... When I described them to a colleague, she said it sounded like feeling bad from drinking too much/still being kind of drunk. (I was exhausted, brain fogged, inflamed)... But I'm so clear headed now, there's no way I want to go back to feeling the other way... I'll try rice here soon. Then maybe corn. 

Also not quite sure I'm ready to make any sort of paleo-fied treats (cookies, breads, etc.). I don't have sugar cravings, but I'm afraid they'll come back when I try something new... 

Best wishes everyone!!

I was supposed to restart yesterday but I couldn't confront it. Boy that sugar dragon sure got a hold of me.

I am re-organizing my kitchen and my brother has offered to put his food in an entirely different cupboard so I don't even have to see his things. That is very kind of him and I am thinking of taking him up on that offer. I am also re-organizing the fridge. Right now he has the middle shelf and I have the top and bottom. I am going to change it to me having the two top shelves and see if that helps. I am just really having a problem being ok with not being able to ever eat wheat and dairy again, among other things as well. I know that I am very sensitive to them and they make me feel sick. 

Today I do feel like crap but that was from yesterday. I am doing a bunch of cooking today. I am making some ground beef and lamb. Then maybe some beef and lamb meatballs. Making some quick frozen emergency meals and cooking up some bok choy, swiss chard, green beans, and artichoke.

I am starting a new feed because it really helps me to read the postings every day. I would love it if those of you that are still doing it or want to start again would join me. Here is the feed: http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/17687-starting-324-lets-do-this-and-change/

I stayed on it almost 40 days and then I started cheating. My goal is to heal my leaky gut and adrenal failure so I need to eat cleanly. Plus I want to kill the sugar dragon for good this time!! J

I am doing my food prep today and getting everything set for tomorrow. I am excited and look forward to all the great support. 

I hope to see you guys there.

Archived