perhaps a stupid question about goat cheese...

Rachel7

It's Day 31 for me today and I reintroduced dairy in small amounts at each meal: heavy cream in my coffee at breakfast, some Norwegian goat cheese (hard) and some Greek yogurt (inadvertently nonfat outof previous habit) at lunch, and parm on my spaghetti squash at dinner. The cream not only wasn't nearly as tasty as my coconut oil, I felt sleepy all morningafter about an hour. The yogurt wasn't too bad, but didn't appeal like it used to, so no need to keep doing that. (Also made me sleepy again.) The parm seemed to be the worst part, surprisingly. Bloated with upper stomach pain this evening, again after about an hour. I didn't even have that much.

The goat cheese, however, was as delicious as I remembered, and it's a real treat. Perhaps this is a really stupid question, but.... is dairy from various sources consistent in it's ability to wreak havoc?

I'm thankful I at least kmow how I feel so I can make an infor,ed decision about future opportunities to consume dairy. I just can't think of a reason to try it again, except that I spent a good lot for that darn goat chesse...

is dairy from various sources consistent in it's ability to wreak havoc?

Actually quite a few people have issues with cow's milk products but not with sheep or goat.

I know what you mean about the yogurt - that's the thing I missed most on my Whole30, oddly enough, but now after eating consistent Whole30ish at home for the last six months or so, it doesn't thrill me like it used to!

Milk from different sources definitely has different effects. Some people are fine with goat cheese and get cramps and bloating from cow's milk. You may want to experiment and go back to eating whole30 again, then re-introduce only goats milk and goat cheese and see if you get a reaction just from that or not.

Goat milk products are okay for some people who can't tolerate cow milk. (I am guessing that it may well have something to do with the fact that cow milk is designed to rapidly grow an animal that weighs a ton, whereas a goat is more comparable to human size.)

I have extended my W30 to W45, but when I reintroduce I intend to try chevre and goat milk first, and then later on test cow milk.

Archived