Starting over today!

Susiek

I'm starting Whole30 over today for a couple of reasons.. one because I just realized I was eating the Epic Bison Bars ( they have sugar)  and two because I want to do the whole 30 days with my awesome friend Bill S :wub:   . i'm loving the program so far and am happy to have friends along. 

Little victories for me:

I've been off chewing gum for over two weeks.... woohoo! After having an almost-a-pack-a-day habit for  many many years :o  I am SO happy to get rid of this obsessive behavior. 

I've also had two weeks of no Truvia/Stevia which has been my vice for years as well. I'm so glad I'm finally getting to get this sugar addiction under control and not just cover it up with fake no-calorie sweeteners.

Also...wheat and gluten free for 14 years this month!   :rolleyes:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday's meals:

1st meal: two eggs fried in ghee with sautéed green beans and red bell pepper

Black tea

Snack:

1/4 cup sunflower seeds

Decaf coffee

Kombucha

2nd meal:

Salad with leafy greens, cucumber slices, peppers, roast beef, carrots, apple cider vinaigrette.

Handful of strawberries

3rd meal:

Roast chicken breast wrapped in prosciutto with spaghetti squash, roasted red peppers and sautéed spinach

1/3 cup blueberries and pepitas as dessert.

Decaf coffee

Today's meals:

1. 2 Poached eggs with Italian spices,

Green beans and roasted peppers

Black tea, coffee

2. Stuffed bell pepper ( chicken breast, pine nuts, chopped prosciutto, diced tomatoes.

Kombucha

Workout Snack: pepitas, green beans, peppers, carrot

3. Red Chicken Curry (Chicken, bamboo shoots, peppers, carrots, mung beans, water chestnuts, Bok choy, mushrooms, coconut milk, red curry paste, legal fish sauce)

Side/ dessert: Cinnamon plantains

Yesterday's meals:

1st meal:
Three fried eggs on a grilled portable mushroom with sautéed spinach.
Coffee with legal almond milk

2nd meal:
Leftover Thai chicken curry with plantains on top of spring greens
1/4 cup walnuts
 smoothie with coconut cream, banana, blueberries, strawberries 

3rd meal: chicken breast with sautéed green beans and pine nuts in coconut aminos. Two dates.

Hiked 3.5 hours yesterday and felt great! :-)

Hey Susie...your meals look much closer to the template today. Smoothies are discouraged on a Whole30 because we want you to eat solid food and usually lead to eating way more fruit than we recommend. Fruit is recommended at 1-2 servings a day to be had as part of or immediately after a meal. A serving is the size of your fist.

HI Physibeth!

Thank you so much for your help. I unfortunately had to go with the smoothie as I'd just left the dentist, and my mouth was numb and I was so hungry. It was going to be my only meal, but then I was able to actually have a real meal after all. :-)

I did read the templates and understand it all a little better now. Thanks!

Yesterday's meals

1st meal:

1st meal: Southwestern scramble: three eggs, diced tomatoes,chicken, green beans, salsa. Sweet potato with coconut cream. 3/4  decaf Americano w/ almond milk

Emergency snack ( a meeting made me miss lunch): Thunderbird Energetica cashew fig carrot bar.

Latest 2nd meal ever:  Stupid meeting!

Grilled legal spicy turkey sausage with sautéed zucchini, yellow squash and jalapeño with side salsa. 1 whole carrot. Handful of strawberries. Yerba mate tea

3rd meal:  Spicy fish tacos: mahi mahi, grilled nopales, jalapeno, lettuce leaves, salsa and a side of spicy caldo verde soup, Kombucha tea.

Yesterday was pretty awesome. I'm not craving gum/truvia/stevia as much which I'm excited about.

Interesting, I was way hungrier than usual (probably because of the 3.5 hour intense trail run/hike the day before) but wasn't craving sweets like in the past. I also  didn't get as sore as I usually would after a hike like that nor do I feel as tired as I normally would. Also noticed I craved spicy foods all day, wonder why?

I noticed I was a little out of control at 2nd meal; I was way too hungry (almost 6 hours without a real meal) and had lost all rational thought. I will definitely have more protein/fat rich foods at work to avoid that again.

Today's meals

Another out of routine day with a late work shift

Pre-workout fuel:

Chicken breast, coconut butter pack

Black tea

1st meal:

Three eggs

Green beans

Prosciutto

3/4 decaf coffee

Emergency snack

Kombucha

Larabar

2nd meal (late lunch out with coworkers)

Salad with chicken breast, hb eggs, peppers, cucumbers, pine nuts, oil and vinegar dressing

Iced tea

3rd meal:

Big bowl of my paleo caldo verde soup : puréed sweet potatoes, spicy turkey sausage, winter greens.

Carrots with sunflower butter

My observations: I drink kombucha and eat eggs EVERY day. I'm going to omit one of them tomorrow.

I am doing better with my caffeine cravings but I am still drinking to change a mood and I still use it as a crutch to get through the day. Tomorrow I am limiting to three 8 oz cups of tea or coffee, decaf or not, so I can start eliminating the psychological need as well.

1st meal

Three fried eggs in coconut oil on a portobello mushroom

Green beans

3/4 decaf coffee with coconut cream

Nuts (grrrr)

2nd meal

Roasted pepper

Green beans

Salmon

Pine nuts

Carrot with sunflower butter

Kombucha

Coconut butter

Nuts

Thai chicken curry

Strawberries with sunflower butter

Kombucha

I'm not sure what is going on but I definitely stress ate. Lots of stuff going on at work including me planning a chocolate fondue that I'm not going to eat. I also did not get enough rest.

I did not follow my own rule about eliminating eggs or kombucha.

Yesterdays meals

1st meal:

Three eggs on portobello mushroom with green beans

Black tea

Snack: small handful of nuts (no more nuts at work!) this is a stress/trigger response, not hunger.

2nd meal

Taco salad: ground beef, spinach, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa

Carrots with sunflower butter

Kombucha

Yerba mate tea

3rd meal:

Crispy browned pork belly

Sautéed pepper medley, tomatillos and haricot vert green beans

Plantains with coconut cinnamon cream.

No coffee today! And I felt it.. Kind of irritable and moody.

Successfully served a chocolate fondue at work without partaking.

:-)

2-3 eggs ( I had a double yoke!) Good luck for me :-)

Sautéed green beans

Couple pieces of pork belly

Salsa

Yerba maté tea with coconut creamer

Post work out snack

carrots

Sunflower butter

Coffee

2nd meal

Bell pepper stuffed with puréed sweet potato and sausage

Kombucha

Carrots/ sunflower butter

3rd meal:

Thai chicken/shrimp curry

Thai young coconut

Kombucha

Carrots and sunflower butter are foods without brakes. I'm not going to eat my carrots raw anymore for the rest of whole30.

1st meal:

Two eggs over a portobello mushroom

Green beans ( I love these things)

Black tea

1/2 caf coffee with almond milk

2nd meal

Leftover Thai curry

Leftover caldo verde

Steamed carrots

Kombucha

Pre workout snack

Free range beef jerky

Steamed carrots with sunflower seed butter

Strawberries with coconut cream

Yerba mate tea

3rd meal:

Chinese stir fry curry thingy

Asian veggies from the farmers market, lemongrass, curry paste, coconut cream, ginger, cod and shrimp' Chinese 5 spice blend. This was insanely good.

Plantains with coconut cream

Had the best bikram yoga ever today! I was able to do go deeper than I ever have in most of the poses. I also didn't feel as loopy afterwards. It was almost too easy!

I feel so different! I think my body is burning fat as fuel now. It's technically my 21st day tomorrow ( even though I started over, I didn't really consciously cheat) and I feel SO much better. My crazy stomach aches are gone! :-) I'm so glad I discovered the whole30/FODMAP plan.

1st meal:

Thai omelette ( 3 eggs plus leftover thai curry)

Sweet potato with coconut cream

Tea

3/4 decaf Americano

2nd meal:

Roasted red bell pepper stuffed with salmon,green beans, salsa

Steamed carrots/ sunflower butter

Kombucha

Post Workout snack:

Turkey andouille sausage

Green beans

Tea

Sunflower butter (tsp)

3rd meal:

Salad with romaine, grilled salmon, olives, cucumber, tomatoes, oil and balsamic vinegar.

I would nix the sunflower butter from the post workout snack and replace the green beans with a starchy vegetable. Maybe swap the green beans with the morning sweet potato. The idea of the post workout snack is to get protein and carbs back into your muscles quickly. Fat slows digestion. This is the only meal we recommend very little fat.

1st meal:

3 eggs

Sautéed green beans and red bell peppers

Black tea

1/2 caf coffee

Kombucha

2nd meal: (on 5 mile hike)

Can of salmon

Red bell pepper

Handful of nuts

Larabar

Post-workout snack:

Iced decaf coffee

Epic bar (turkey)

Cacao beans

Dinner

Salad with langostinos, local lettuce, fresh herbs and radishes, carrots, cucumbers, haricot verts, pine nuts, avocado, tomatoes, one strawberry and balsamic vinaigrette.

Decaf coffee with almond milk.

What a great day! Spent it hiking in the mountains with my dogs and then got to pick my own veggies/herbs at a local community farm. So much fun!

It's so nice not to be in a food coma anymore. Here I thought I was eating healthy all these years, just because I was low carb and gluten free. Turns out all those soy-laden energy bars and rice cheese and stevia- sweetened products were actually taking away my energy! I feel really "clean" now and so energetic. I'll say it again... My house has never been so clean and organized :-)

And I'm feeling adventurous again; in fact I just booked a trip to Peru in September. Now I can spend the next few months training for my trek in the Andes.

:-)

1st meal: three eggs

Sautéed mushrooms green beans and diced prosciutto.

Tea

Snack : (was supposed to be a pre workout meal, but the workout didn't happen)

Epic bar

Sweet potato with coconut milk

Tea

2nd meal:

Kombucha

Coconut cream

Andouille sausage and green beans

3rd meal:

Grass fed beef burger with lettuce bun with roasted peppers, green chile, avocado, steamed carrots and.... Wait for it...

Green beans!

Today was a weird day, with strange cravings and a lot more hunger than usual. Plus I'm not feeling well, and honestly I'm just glad I stayed compliant and I'm not too worried about my extra meal/ snack.

I'm cutting out Hannah sweet potatoes because they are giving me reactions ( they're sometimes considered a FODMAP food) and I've noticed some bad stomach aches these past few days. Plus I think the starchiness is causing cravings.

Felt weird and lightheaded all day!

It's day 11 (or day 24 of compliance foods except for the accidental sugar). I'm thinking I might be getting sick so maybe that's why I feel so strange.

All in all, a compliant but funky day.

Archived