do i need to start over?????

brownsugarforyou

hey guys,

very new to the whole30...im on day 7 (hopefully). ive been going strong but i went out friday night for dinner. i had chicken and cauliflower. unfortunately the chicken was cooked with a yogurt marinade but i feel like i cut off the outer portions and the cauliflower was cooked with corn oil. sigh.....do you guys think i need a restart?

thanks!!!

hey guys,

very new to the whole30...im on day 7 (hopefully). ive been going strong but i went out friday night for dinner. i had chicken and cauliflower. unfortunately the chicken was cooked with a yogurt marinade but i feel like i cut off the outer portions and the cauliflower was cooked with corn oil. sigh.....do you guys think i need a restart?

thanks!!!

I unfortunately think this might merit a restart. Another wiser moderator might chime in otherwise, but if it had happened to me I would restart. 

If it helps think of it as doing a Whole37 vs starting over at Day 1 (or a Whole35 if this happened on Day 5 and you have been compliant since then). 

Hey, if was Friday, you're already into your 30 days, now.  Aren't all of those yucky ingredients sneaky?  Better to catch it, ask about it, and know that you're doing everything in your power to finish 30 clean days.

• Moderators

You know the corn oil is a problem as well as the yogurt marinade? 

Indian restaurants do a lot with dairy/yogurt marinades. Marinades soak in, so scraping off the top doesn't remove all the milk proteins from the food. 

Archived