Loose Leaf Tea Yogurt Ambush

Chris Mead

Okay, this is silly. I know it's silly but I'm on Day 12 and I'm feeling great and perhaps I'm getting a bit paranoid...

I went for a green tea, I got something called a Ginseng Guardian Blend. I looked it up on the internet after I'd paid for it but before I'd drunk it and found there was granules of freeze dried yogurt in it.

THAT'S RIGHT, YOGURT IN THE TEA. Anyway, I was all like "How much dairy can be infused through a filter into a green tea?" and I took a sip (a sip, not a mouthful) and then I decided it wasn't worth it and gave it to a work colleague.

Do I have to start again? It was a sip of a hint of a wisp of an idea of some yogurt.

I'll start again if you all think I genuinely broke my Whole30. 

So, the questions you would want to answer are what are your goals with your Whole30?  To complete 30 of the cleanest possible days?  Probably restart.  To know how dairy might bother you?  Might need 12 dairy-free days after your Whole30.

The other question: why drink the tea after knowing?  An unintentional slip is different than a willful act.

Yogurt in tea is one I hadn't heard before, although I was raised loving milk in my tea.  Strange.

I had a sip because I don't like waisting money and the yogurt content must be so microscopically small I didn't think it'd affect anything. But then my brain engaged as I took that sip & I gave the tea away just in case.  

Just wanted to see what others would do really? I would guess the amount of liquid I took in would be less than half a tea spoonful.

It's your call. It's not like the Whole30 police are going to show up on your front doorstep. ;)

You could have given away the tea (or returned it) before drinking it. But, you drank it anyway knowing it contained dairy.  It's more for the latter reason that I suggested the restart or Whole42 route, to get back on the wagon of making choices that follow the rules for 30 consecutive days.

Archived