Something Occurred to me Today

Kage

I am day 24 of my 1st whole30, I have noticed many subtle changes in my body over the last 24 days but nothing earth shattering.

My exercise has been limited in the last couple of months due to injuries (and laziness). I had a PT yesterday did a PB for dumbbell chest presses without even struggling. Plus lots of other things that had me thinking I would be suffering from terrible DOMS today. I was SHOCKED to climb out of bed this morning and be ALMOST NOT SORE AT ALL. Then I remembered last week I did a RPM (spin) class and was sure I wouldn't be able to walk the next day but experienced the same thing.

A positive side effect of less inflammation? Better muscle recovery from all the protein? Bit of both?

Must be a sign of a healthier body :)

You know, I didn't even tie that to the whole 30. I'm only on day 9, but I am almost always sore after crossfit, especially 1-2 days after. This last week I barely noticed any sore muscles. I thought maybe I just wasn't working out very hard (which is impossible with crossfit).

Your title reminded me of something unusual I have noticed since being primal - always when flying I have problems with my ears and the last few times I have not had even a twinge of pain!! It occurred to me last week after landing that perhaps this is also an unexpected side effect of the primal lifestyle. Anyone else noticed this?

Archived