Adjusted timeline... vacation... thoughts?

jmill3

First post!  

When I started this program I knew I was leaving for vacation 33 days after the start day.  Initially I thought this might be fine and that I would be all set and ready to go after completion of the 30 days.  Now, however, I am concerned about the re-introduction phase and how it may present issues if I try re-introducing things while on vacation and have negative results...   I am only giving myself 2 days or so before I am on a plane to the Keys.... where, to be honest, I will likely be enjoying some cocktails and carbs!  

Is this a legitimate concern?  Should I allow more days before going on a vacation where I will likely indulge in all things NOT whole30.   My initial thought was to finish up on day 28.... my own personal whole28...   I know its not the whole30 in its entirety...  but would give me a few extra days to re-introduce most of everything before I leave and have some confidence in those things I should stay away from and those I can be confident with.  

Thoughts?   Thanks in advance!  Day 10 and I am starting to get into the groove...  My kitchen is so happy its being used so much and I am happy that I am finally starting to get my energy back!  YAY WHOLE30!!!!!! 

Do you know what you want to reintroduce?  That could make your reintroduction process a bit shorter. The guidance is to only reintroduce food groups you're curious about (in terms of a physical/psychological reaction) or that you want to eat again.

If it's only gluten grains and alcohol, for example, you'd introduce gluten on day 31 and alcohol on your vacation. 

I did the exact same thing.  My first whole 30 ended right before vacation (feb 17th).  I had a couple beers at the airport and it was heaven.  Then the next day at the beach, I had a bunch more.  Had a good hangover the next day.  I felt so bad, it was a good lesson in moderation :)  I had a few other splurges (eggs over easy on a waffle and icecream) that week.  The splurges left me feeling bloated and sleepy.  I was looking forward to getting back home and doing another cookup. I decided to start another whole 30 when I got home to get back into my groove.  Looking back on it, I don't think vacation is a good time to do reintroduction.  There is too much temptation (resort breakfast buffets) and too much feeling "What the heck, I'm on vacation!" to make wise decisions.

Archived