Starting March 1st.

tj2650

I cannot lie that I am glad to see that there are others starting on March 1st.  I am doing this because I have been EXTREMELY ill this year, with many different symptoms many of them impacting my digestive health.

I was never successful at this before, the cravings for particular textures and SALT killed me.

But I have learned to find NEW recipes and ways to cook veggies that make them more flavorful and a little less sweet.

I think I will need a cheer squad though becuase in order to do this I will be making 3 different sets of food in my house...

Something for me and Whole30, something for my child with severe sensory issues, and finally something for my husband and the rest of the family to bridge the whole30 gap that they are not willing to traverse with me at this time.

I will also be surrounded by a MOUNTAINLOAD of temptation and cravings throughout this process.

Please note that I will also need to cut out:

tea,

citrus,

bananas,

and berries.

That is because these aggravate my current issues,  Therefore until I stabilize, and since I know they are problem causers at this time, I will need to avoid them.

Okay enough ramblings from me.. Let the games begin!!!

TJ

Congratulations! I am not sure why you had cravings for salt. When you are on the whole30 you actually use a lot of salt because your body needs salt. You may feel like you are eating too much, but if you were to compare it to what you eat when you eat packaged foods or restaurant foods it is probably less. If you don't need to avoid salt for you medical issues then use enough salt to make your foods taste good. I had to cook two separate meals during my whole30. A suggestion I have it to try and take your families favorite meal and then make it whole30. For example if your family likes spaghetti, then make whole30 compliant spaghetti sauce for everyone and then cook regular noodles for your family and have spaghetti squash or zucchini for you. If you family will only eat non compliant sauce then you will have to make two separate meals. Also you might want to make slow cooker meals for you that way you only have to make dinner for your family. And now for the tough love . . . if you are the cook then some of your family members are just going to have to eat what you are eating. Whole30 food is so good they probably won't even know they are eating it. I understand that with your child that has sensory issues, you may not be able to do this for them. Tell the rest of your family, This is only for 30 days! They should want to support you on your journey to better heath! You Can Do It!

Well today has gone ok, except I was planning on making broccoli beef and have no idea how to make it whole30???

Oh and hubby offered to make me a bowl of Campbell's mushroom soup for lunch. :(

Guess he's not willing to listen to me regarding what I am doing.

TJ

Well today has gone ok, except I was planning on making broccoli beef and have no idea how to make it whole30???

Oh and hubby offered to make me a bowl of Campbell's mushroom soup for lunch. :(

Guess he's not willing to listen to me regarding what I am doing.

TJ

TJ do you have the It Starts With Food book? There is a recipe for Asian beef broccoli in it. You can serve over lettuce or cauliflower rice (recipe at nom nom paleo). Remember that people have no idea what paleo is. They also don't understand gluten free or dairy free. Don't expect them to get it on the first day or even during your whole30. Read the forum "Crazy Things People Say" not only for a laugh but because you will see how people just don't get it. Enjoy day 2!

I was never successful at this before, the cravings for particular textures and SALT killed me.

So interesting - I never realised until I read this that I too crave textures. In particular softness of butter - not the bread, just the butter. 

I am routing for you too - but posting on the the other 1st March thread mainly. Good luck .

Hi to all of you. I am starting today this journey today again. I already tried a few days ago and failed mainly because I did not plan properly and ... was not strong enough ! The thing is that yesterday I ate a LOT of non compliant foods and today I am suffering the "hangover".. feeling awful. That is why I know that TODAY is the day to start eating clean, and feel good about it. Hope we can all help to each other in this forum. 

Archived