UCslug

Hi,

I'm a bit confused about whether or not tostones are allowed on Whole30? And if so if they would be allowed in the way I am thinking. I have never made them but would like to give it a try this weekend. I was thinking of making a ground turkey, veggie lasagna and to give it some "crunch" (or something besides turkey, marinara and veggies) I was thinking of plating it on a tostone. Would this be ok?

I saw on an earlier post that someone said they though 99% that tostones would be ok. However I saw that a plantain and egg mix would be too close to a pancake, so I just want to make sure that the mushed plantain tostones by themself would be approved.

Thanks for any input!

I guess the other half of my question is that if I add the tostones to make it more lasagna-like and the tostones would be replacing the pasta would that be SWYPO? Since I have never had them I have no idea how they taste or what flavor they would add I was just thinking they would add some crunch and carbs to my meal (otherwise I just have meat and veggies).

Archived