Bulletproof coffee

kw 30

I finished my second Whole30 last month and have been fine adding some dairy back into my diet.  Mostly grass-fed butter and some grass-fed cheeses we get in our farm share.

Looking to see if there are any other bulletproof coffee fans out there??  My boyfriend and I are recent converts and are loving our upgraded beans with grass-fed butter and coconut oil!  We are waiting for our shipment of MCT oil to arrive... I've also got some additional fat loss goals (looking to go from about 24% BF to sub-20% BF) so I have been doing the "bulletproof intermittent fast" 2-3x a week and I'm definitely seeing results. 

Anyway... I am LOVING it so far!  Anyone else have any success with bulletproof/bulletproof IF? It seems like a great transition after doing a Whole30. 

Just realized I should have probably started this post on a POST-Whole30 thread. I realize that bulletproof coffee is not a part of the Whole30 program (unless you substitute the grass-fed butter with Ghee)

I tried the IF thing for a few weeks. It was impossible on work days (can't take breaks for more coffee), and on days off I could only get by if I had 2 cups of coffee, and even then by noon I was starting to feel weird and a little shaky. I guess it's not for everyone. I definitely love the coffee though. Slightly modified now...clarified butter, coconut milk, and a scoop of cocoa powder. Lovely!

• Moderators

I agree that BP coffee is delicious, but it didn't work for me. IF is notoriously not as successful for women, and I think I'm one of those women. Every now and then I'll have one when I'm not W30ing with decaf or even tea. But overall, I need to stay focused on healing adrenal fatigue, and BP coffee doesn't seem to help with that.

However, I will say that in general I feel better the less I eat and BP coffee helped me eat as little as possible. That's not my aim with W30. When I'm done with this one, I might consider giving it another shot if my adrenals settle down. I invested in all the products already. And that did annoy me a little bit: I got completely sucked into his savvy marketing techniques. So I had to take a break and remove myself from his email list.

My husband and i started drinking bullet proof coffee just a couple weeks ago. A couple months ago we replaced our weekday coffee with green tea so we could get the antioxidant benefits of that right away most mornings. That went better than anticipated. We still eagerly look forward to coffee on weekends, which, now has changed to bullet proof coffee. We make it with coconut oil, butter, a couple drops of vanilla, and lastly we put in a bit of our beloved grass fed whole cream. It is really delicious. I need to keep seeking information on it to be sure it's really acceptable. Seems too good to be true. What is IF? Anyone done bulletproof tea?

• 3 weeks later...

I have just tried Bulletproof coffee for the first time this morning. I am in the midst of my 2nd Whole30 so I made it with ghee instead of the grass fed butter. I am not typically a coffee drinker but I thought it would be a nice change for getting my fat into my morning meal. I used organic coffee that I had on hand. I brewed up the coffee, tossed it into my Vitamix, added a tablespoon of ghee and blended away! It was creamy and delicious!!!

One of the things I found during my first Whole30 which helped me to stay satiated between breakfast and lunch is a cup of tea with coconut milk along with my breakfast. I'm glad I have this option now as well. 

Archived