Fish oil supplements

Lemony

Can anyone recommend a good fish oil ? I have emailed FSH oil mentioned in It Starts With Food but it looks unlikely they will ship to the UK. Have found what looks good it's Dr Mercola krill oil any suggestions

• Moderators

Any fish oil that does not include ingredients that are off-limits during a Whole30 is acceptable.

We have become reluctant to recommend specific brands because vendors sometimes change formulations so that they are no longer Whole30-compliant. 

Besides looking for non-compliant ingredients, the best fish oil supplements have very high levels of DHA and EPA. For example, I bought some salmon oil at costco that seemed good, it was made from wild caught Alaskan salmon, but the DHA and EPA were very low. The fish oil I take now is Nordic Naturals ProOmega. 2 softgels contain 650mg of EPA and 450mg DHA, which is very good. They are lemon flavored as well, so even if you do get a little flavor from them (which I usually don't) it's lemon and not fish. I also don't burp up the flavor like I have with other fish oils. Whatever fish oil you can find in the UK, just make sure there are no non-compliant ingredients, and look for the highest amount of DHA and EPA possible.

Archived