eugh! what have I done!

Finished my whole 30 two days ago, just demolished a pack of wine gums.

I FEEL HORRIBLE.

Not just mentally but physically, eugh!!! Why did I do it, my body feels like it's in shock from the sugar...!

Yeah - sugar is one of those terrible culprits.

For me if I have a pastry/cake with cheese + sugar = depression for 2 weeks.  Not pretty.  So I lay low on the stuff.  little bits of sugar do make in in every now and again, but I *try* to keep it minimal. example: square of dark chocolate, or maybe paleo pancakes once every couple of weeks.  Other than that I stay pretty close to the template most of the time because I have to.

Basically you need to set limits on what sugar and quanitites you will permit in, and what is out, as in - I don't eat that.

Thanks :) completely fell off the bandwagon tonight, two pieces of cake, carrots with a whole jar of cashew butter, tortilla chips... :(

Today is the 3 month anniversary of when I lost my best friend. It has hit me harddddd.

A big cyber hug goes out to you.  Heartbroken for you.  I know this is not easy.  Know that having the cake, carrots with cashew butter, and tortilla chips are not the end of the world though.

You're probably going to feel emotionally rough and raw for the next few days. (Sugar just magnify's these feelings)  You're human this is okay.  Having these feelings are normal.  Take the time to mourn your friend.  But also reliaze that eating these types of food will not be doing you any favours either. 

Time to treat yourself kindly.

In order to get back on feeling better take you're favourite whole 30/Paleo meal and make it.  Try to keep the next few days compliant in order to help. This is definitely easier said than done though.

You can recognize the emotional connection to food, thats the first step. Now you need to find others things to do when you are feeling sad and filled with grief. These moments will come again and sometimes without any warning or trigger. You can and will get through this. Please don't beat yourself up about it either, you can't change it, but you move forward even if its a baby step forward.

Archived