I miss wine!!

megancs

Here comes the weekend and it's taking everything I have to get through these next two days. Well, maybe it's not that dramatic but I really look forward to settling down with a nice big glass of red after the kids are in bed. I'm on day 12 and it's going great so far but Friday reminds me of what I can't have. I doing great with everything else but I'm craving the ritual that I've talked myself into believing for a while now that is okay and in fact, healthy. Bottom line is, I will make it through this weekend, and the next and the next but my question is this: is it really that bad to enjoy a glass or two once in a while (or more) AFTER the whole30?? 

Personally, I don't think it's so bad to enjoy a glass of wine every once in a while after your W30, depending on how it affects you and whether or not you're willing to take those reactions.  Wine makes me sleepy, but then makes my sleep awful.  I'm also MUCH more likely to eat things I wouldn't normally.  Even half a glass does this to me.  So, I'm careful about how often I decide it's worth it. 

If it's the ritual you miss, could you do the same thing but with a mug of tea?  I totally get wanting to relax after a long week.  It's nice to look forward to something special.  For me, I like to take a bath on Friday night.  The bathrooms get cleaned on Friday so that is the only day the tub is already clean (little boys are dirty!) enough to take a bubble bath without first cleaning out the tub (which kind of ruins the relaxing aspect of it). 

Wine isn't leaving the planet - it will still be there when you're done with your Whole30.  :) 

I am a red wine lover.  Did my Whole30 last summer and stayed compliant throughout: staying off wine for 30 days was easier than I thought.  These days, I do drink wine, but have it substantially less than before. Maybe 1-2 glasses a week on average (some times I have weeks with none), where before I'd have 3-4 glasses a week.  This allows me to enjoy my wine again minimizing getting tummy bloat as a result.

I miss wine too!  I am on day 7  and today while shopping I just avoided the middle of the grocery store

and avoided the wine section by default! 

I am using mineral water with fruit in a wine glass to replace it. 

I really need to keep wine at bay it is one of my trigger items and always has been - leads to binge eating

and lousy sleep.

A bath sounds nice too!

I am right there with ya!  I have avoided social outings (except work-related ones) because I always like to have a glass of wine at a party and I too was used to having one most nights after the kids went to bed.  I definitely plan to bring wine back into my diet but I'll pay more attention to how it affects me and whether I need to cut back . . . 

Archived