Purée concentrate? HELP

tmtumbler36@gmail.com

I found these all natural fruit strips called Stretch Island Fruit Co. At my organic grocery store. On the back the ingredients are: Apple purée concentrate. Pear purée concentrate. Raspberry purée. And lemon juice concentrate.

It also says right underneath the ingredients that 'ALL SUGAR IN PRODUCT COMES NATURALLY from FRUIT'

Sooooo can someone help me out ASAP?! Are these ok to eat? Or is this a dumb question.

I suppose they are technically compliant, but it would be so much better for you to eat a whole apple, a whole pear, or a handful of raspberries instead.  

The Whole30 guidance on fruit is to eat it with or immediately after a meal only, not as a snack.  Strips like this really don't fit into the spirit of the program.

These fall into the realm of "technically compliant" in that, they don't appear to have any off-plan ingredients, but they are probably not a great choice for daily consumption. What is the context for eating these? If it is fuel for a marathon or a long hike, maybe ok, but a snack at your desk at work not so much.

Archived