Losing fat that I DON'T want to

MrsOGordon

Prior to starting The Whole 30, my husband and I joked that if I started losing my breasts then I would stop the diet. We are doing this to determine possible food sensitivities, not really weight loss. Around day 10 he noticed that my breasts were "deflating". Today was day 12 and my bra cups are not full. I'm ok with some fat loss, but I don't want to lose my figure! I don't want to quit the diet, but I'm tempted. Should I add more fats and oils? More fruits to reduce fat burn?

That's always been where I lose first - breasts (and face). I'm quite lean now and have sustained a 40 lb weight loss for almost 3 years. I went from a 36B to a 34A- The girls are pretty much gone. Not that it'll happen to you, but that's my experience. Even with flat chest, my figure is awesome though :)

Hmm, usually I lose in the boobs first too, but for some reason, they didn't change size with my Whole 30, despite losing 14 lbs. Not sure what my trick was for that, though. I wasn't exercising too much at that point, maybe that has something to do with it?

Breast are almost all fat. If you are losing fat, you can't choose where to loose it. Are you overweight? If you don't need to lose weight in total, you should perhaps eat more so you aren't loosing.

I've lost 65 pounds since I started genuinely trying to lose weight (about 40 lbs. was on SAD, the other 25 paleo/primal) I've gone from a 42DDD to a 40D. Paleo is very good at changing your body composition, even if you don't lose weight though. It promotes healthy hormone levels, which helps redistribute fat and muscle so you have less belly fat (belly fat is a sign of cortisol, your stress hormone, being out of whack). I've also found that while my boobs are smaller than they used to be, everything else is smaller too, so they still look perfectly proportional.

Thank you all for your responses!  I have read them as they've been posted, but had not signed in to respond.  Sorry for my delay!  When I posted this I was very nervous because I was losing fat at a dramatic rate - all between days 10 and 12 - and it freaked me out.  I believe I dropped a cup size and a pant size during this time frame (not 100% sure since measuring is not allowed).  I did not want to continue at this rate as I am not overweight - 5'5' 130lbs, size 6, 34D.  Fortunately, this slowed down during days 13-14 and I started doing pushups to help perk up the girls.  I am happy to report I am now on day 26!  Despite the mixed feelings about probably needing a new wardrobe (fun, but expensive), I am pleased with my new body and how I feel!  I didn't realize that I was not functioning at 100% prior to the Whole 30.  Other than the weight loss, I have noticed constant energy levels throughout the day, healthier hair and skin and I have not taken any allergy medicine since I started!  I have been spreading the good news about this program and I appreciate the support all of you have provided!

Archived