Eating carbs for breakfast

I have little problem with eating carbs with breakfast. They are making me tired.

I'm ok with greens (kale, spinach )and not very sleepy after them, but anything else (sweet potato, zucchini, fruit ....) it is problematic. So my breakfast is usually fat and protein. I love vegetables and I'm ok eating them for lunch but still have to watch how much.

I also love sugar so is my body trying to tell me something?

Please help

So stick with what your body is telling you.  If you do fine with spinch kale and the like - include them in your breakfast. 

A lot of people do well with carbs  in the morning (I am one of them) but I can't find it anywhere that carbs have to be consumed in the morning.  They can be consumed whenever you like.

• Moderators

I agree with Carlaccini. Listen to your body and do what works for you within the rules and guidelines of the program. For me, if I eat a significant amount of sweet potato in the morning it makes me extra hungry the rest of the day. If I eat it as part of meal 2 or 3 I do much better. So, that's what I do!

Keep eating those greens in the morning, though! I also try to get greens in at all three meals.

Archived