Still hungry, feeling tired, lightheaded, and have a massive headache

I am on day 2 and did a one day juice fast before starting. I have had a horrid headache all day. I'm tired. Very tired. I've been going to bed at 9 the past few nights but I'm still tired. I did have a rough night with my kids last night, though. I also am still hungry between lunch and dinner. I think I did enough protein today at lunch, but now I'm not sure. (Here's a link to my log http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/18134-jills-whole-30-log/ )

Is this just detoxing symptoms? How long will this last? I homeschool and could barely get started this morning and had to stop school early!

Have you seen the Whole30 timeline? That gives you a good idea for what to expect.

What you're experiencing at this stage is normal. Hang in there, drink lots of water, and soon this feeling should be a thing of the past.

If you're hungry between lunch and dinner, play with your protein, veg and fat portions until your meals satiate you for 4-5 hours.

You day 2 looks a lot better than day one.  It is possible to have a headache as symtoms of "carb flu"

If you can - try to include some sweet potato (or another starchy veg) with your next meal.  It will help with the tiredness and the carb flu.

Thanks. I had help from someone on the forum with my day 1. I am still figuring out as I go.

I feel kind of moody/irritated right now. It's annoying ME so I'm sure it's annoying my husband and kids!

I'm still unsure about starchy veggies. I LOVE sweet potatoes so I'll make some tonight!!!!!

Trust me - if you are having hormonal issues - starchy veg is your friend.  Don't go crazy with them - but don't limit them either.  Especially if you are active.  You're going to have to play around with quantites to find with what's good for you.  rule of thumb - try to have starchy veg once a day.

I started my first whole 30 in August of 2012 - I was 260lbs - so I get the mindset.  But because of hormonal issues - my body doesn't accept low carbing too much.  In fact my body kind of gets angry with me and starts gaining weight if I do too low carb...... so I guess what I am trying to say is don't be afraid of carbs on this program. 

Archived