I love Whole30! I love Whole30! I... WANT TO KILL EVERYTHING.

I suddenly understand why most people quit on Day 11 or 12.  (Honestly, I think most people quit on Day 1 and we just don't know they ever started... but that's unrelated.)  I've loved the Whole30 so far - more energy, compliments on my skin, and so on, but today I'm just... done.

I haven't even had any really strong off-plan cravings, and the ones I've had have passed pretty quickly.  It's more that I'm just effing tired of thinking about it.  I was out to dinner and I was "that guy" while ordering.  I *hate* being that guy (girl, whatever).  Everyone was drinking but me and I just wanted some $@#!@ french fries.

So now I'm here, NOT chasing my sugar dragon, and being generally resentful.

Thanks for listening, internet.

Agh I hear ya. Its like oh sorry i can't go out to eat because I'm on this trendy new diet that draws attention to me in any eating scenario...but you're nearly halfway done which is pretty sweet considering most of America cannot go a meal without something sweet or refined. You're doing this for you which is so easy to forget when everyone appears stress free whilst casually munching on chemicals. It seems more glorified than it is. You rock for nourishing your body despite the social annoyance of it all. Keep kicking it;)

DH made cookies for the kids and they are right there, eye level in the pantry.  The thought crossed my mind, but I can't.  I'm 1/3 of the way done and I can do anything for just 30 days.

The pain in the butt is planning Easter lunch that we are hosting and trying to figure out at least 2 things I can eat.  DH wants ham, what are the odds it won't have sugar.  I know I'll get 20 questions when the dessert platter comes out.

Thanks for the support!  I had some intense food dreams last night, but I'm going strong!

Those are insane, aren't they?  I haven't had a doughnut in a couple of years but I feel like I did during my last Whole30 because the dreams were so REAL.

I've found that being 'that guy' (or in my case 'that crazy lady') often enough over time makes it less of an issue.  People in my world are generally used to me now. ;)

during my whole30 I had a dream that I forgot I was doing whole30 and started eating a sandwich or something (maybe subway? which I hate) and then I suddenly remembered that I wasn't supposed to be eating that and completely fell apart crying. in my dream. it was crazy on a couple levels.

Archived