I did it!

VioletRose

So when I started this I also read a lot of the succes stories to keep me motivated. I don't think I ever could have imagined how much of a succes story I would have myself! 

It wasn't easy. I have a pretty active social life that revolves around food, drinks and bar's. I still did al these things but they where not the same. It did affect my life. Also, all the food planning, the seeing other people eat my favorite foods and no chocolate....I wanted to give up a couple of times. But I didn't. You know why? Because of what I gained and continue to gain (friday was day 30 for me):

* Better sleep. I love this. From day 1 I slept way better, had the most incredible vivid dreams and woke up really relaxed. 

* Better skin, hair and nails. This started to really happen around week 2. My hair and nails grow so hard now and are so healthy. My skin is really glowing. I got some compliments about how healthy I look. 

* More control around food. Eating to live, not living to eat. I gained so much insight about why I eat and I started to realize that most of the times I thought I was hungry, I was actually thirsty. Drinking a glass of water almost always did the trick.

*weightloss. I mean, serious weight loss. I lost a total of 8,5 kilo, which is about 18,5 pounds according to google. I'm not very big, so this is a huge difference. I need new clothes, everyone sees it and I feel so much better about my body. I know this is not a weight loss program, but for me, this is such a big deal. For me, I think what really helped with the weight loss was not eating fruit, very limited nuts and no starchy veggies. My portions were big and I ate an avocado a day. Sometimes even two, But I did not want sweet things, not even fruit, because I think it would derail me. 

So...what now? I'm keeping with the program. I am adding some dairy, because cheese I can't live without. And alcohol, limited to once a week. And I will definitely do another one, after summer I think. This has been such a wonderful thing and I feel so grateful for the experience. Thanks everyone on the forum!

Wonderful results!

I love that even though we're all so completely different humans...we have similar results---sleep and feeling really good...and maybe some weight loss.

Best wishes on your new journey!

Archived