Reintroducing wheat. Bad news!

Lyn1

So I finished my W30 on July 31st and I thought I'd add some dairy to see if I can tolerate it. No problems. I still think dairy is a bad idea, but I may have the occasional dairy cheat while I'm not Whole30ing.

A few days later, and I thought I'd try some wheat. Here is a list of what happened:

1. First of all, I felt disgustingly full, bloated, and gassy.

2. A day later, and I have a big zit in the middle of my face.

3. I was getting a pedicure today, and I noticed my sandals had made marks on my feet where they were too tight. (They are not normally tight.) Did my feet swell up?

4. When I did my workout, my knees hurt a lot. They did not hurt the whole time I was working out during the whole30. (Same exact workout.)

I'm pretty sure wheat causes inflammation in my body. Has anyone else had symptoms like this when they reintroduced wheat?

Wheat and wheat gluten are highly inflammatory. I know that if I add wheat back after my W30 (on day 24) that I'd gain back any weight that I've lost in a matter of days and that my now resolved leg injury (thanks to the W30) would be inflamed and sore again. Not worth it!

After my first Whole30, I had a BLT with french bread - I didn't feel bad exactly, but I had the worst brain fog, like I was sleep deprived. What I noticed more was that I wasn't sated when I finished eating, and I was hungry again 45 minutes later, complete with wonky blood sugar feeling. Good times. I used to feel that way every single day, all day. Amazing.

after my last strict paleo month or two (it was more than 30 days), i had pizza (yeah, i know) after drinking (i know) and woke up in the middle of the night thinking i was dying because my stomach hurt so bad. i almost woke my husband up to take me to the er, but then decided to wait another few minutes..and somehow fell asleep. it was horrible. i never want wheat again. (i felt fine the next day though.)

Archived