Tired and Need Help...

Hello All!  I am hoping for guidance and knowledge as I am currently on day 20 of my first W30.  My husband, mother in law, and brother in law are all doing this along with me!  

I really need help.  This entire process has been rather easy.  I have had my days though.  Days when I would rather be outside or doing something other than food prep, but for the most part, I haven't had a problem with the transition.  I don't really have any cravings for sugar or grains.  I do want a big fountain pop and I am not a pop drinker.  

What I need help with is this... I am so fatigued!  Mentally and physically.  I don't have any stamina.  I typically would walk/run 4 days a week before W30 and I can barely get myself to walk for 30 + minutes on those days.  I need some help on how I can improve this.

I do drink half of my body weight in oz of water a day plus 16 oz of coffee in the morning and 10 oz at night.  I sleep well!  I typically sleep 7-9 hours, although some days I think I could sleep more.  My last few days of meals are listed below.  Please, help me out!  Thanks!!

Today:

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled.  3/4 cup blueberries.  16 oz coffee

Lunch: 4 strips of moroccan chicken and 1/4 cup of diced sweet potatoes cooked with olive oil and 1/2 cup mixed fruit- blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries

Snack: handful of almonds and 3 large carrot sticks

Dinner: homemade bbq sauce pork chop- about 6 oz,  1/2 cup garlic mashed cauliflower potatoes, 1 cup shredded cabbage with homemade mayo and apple cider vinegar and 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce 1 cup green beans

10 oz of coffee

Yesterday:

Breakfast:  2 hard boiled eggs, 3 large carrot sticks, and 1 cup cantelope

Lunch:  3 grilled chicken strips with 1 cup of grilled mixed veggies (asparagus, brussel sprouts, peppers, onions)  1/4 cup mixed fruit- blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries

Snack:  handful of almonds, 3 large carrot sticks and celery

Dinner:  4 strips moroccan chicken.  1 cup diced sweet potatoes.  1/2 cup roasted zucchini with olive oil.

I can give more examples of my meals if necessary...  I just need some help!  I want to start working out more to "tone up" and aid in weight loss.

I am excited to have made it to day 20 and to have kicked the craving for sugar, but I am just so darn tired and weak.  This morning, I was struggling to keep my arms above my head to blow dry my hair.  

Any advice would be great!

Thank you!!

• Moderators

You may not be eating enough at meals. If you were, you wouldn't need a snack. When you do need a snack, it should be a mini meal that follows the template: protein, fat, veg. You may be dragging out the transition to becoming fat adapted, and that's the exhausting part. Once you get there and continue to feed yourself adequately and properly, your energy will return!

Sorry to hear. I agree it sounds like you are not yet fat adapted (it took me 14 days before I could run without feeling like lead).

I have a few suggestions...

That much coffee has got to be messing up your hormones and perhaps fatiguing your adrenal system, can you cut back?

I know you have only given a few days examples but you could be light on nutrients from not enough veges and not enough variety of foods. Try to have more variety of meats, nuts, seeds and 8 different vegies a day? That could help speed up the fat adaption.

I know you are trying to lose weight but I don't think you are eating enough volume to fire up your metabolism.... eating lots more salad and non starchy veg can actually help you lose weight faster, it doesn't add many calories but speeds up your digestion and your metabolism and prevents starvation mode.

Make sure you are having at least a teaspoon of fat with each meal too - not counting cooking fat. That should give your body an efficient fuel source.

I think sleeping extra is not uncommon for the first few weeks of your first whole 30 especially if you were eating a lot of carb based food before.

Hope your last 10 days are much better

Archived